Author Topic: So ..................  (Read 4456 times)

john2

So ..................
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:41:13 AM »
 :) I am like Ed here. Where has everybody  gone ?  No postings for several days now.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

bandit2026

Re: So ..................
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 06:34:45 AM »
I'm here every day, if nothing else just to look. sometimes I get wore out on some models as I mostly rebuild glue bombs picked up at model shows. When I checked my junk pile all I had was a 40 ford. So I started counting and there were fourteen 40 fords already. Just could not get inspired to do another. So I grabbed an old raggedy box that had a red modified with trailer. Think its going to be an oob build.

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 07:36:46 AM »
Going to Facebook?????

Well, John2, since you had to post, I guess I needed to as well to keep in step with you in number of posts.....    ;D ;D ;D ;) ::)

didn't realize I was that close to you in posts now.........   :o ;) :)
Ed K.

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 07:50:21 AM »
Hey John, I'm still here! I had to stop building for a while. Wife had surgery July 2nd and couldn't do ANYTHING for a while. Then, right in the middle we moved. Decided to down-size. A manufactured home (mobile) in a mobile community came available. Put my house up for sale, 4 days later had an offer and closed on it Aug 31st!!! Anyhow, we are happy here and.......I just started a '56 Ford short tracker a couple of days ago. Had to get the hobby area set first. So, I'm here!!!!!

Rett

Olderndirt

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »
 I’ve been checking in every day, but I’m an early bird, so if posts don’t start happening until mid afternoon, I don’t see them until the next day.
 With recuperating from the fires out here this summer, and getting back into our home, and rearranging everything that got turned upside down during the evacuation, I haven’t gotten much building done.
  We had contacted several roofing companies early in the summer, to reroof our house. After the fires we couldn’t get anyone to even call us back, because they were so busy. Luckily I found a roofer, and the job was finished a week before the first rain. No I won’t be buying any lotto tickets for a while, I think I used up all my good luck for this year.

Olderndirt

Dirtman

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 03:39:08 PM »
I’ve been checking in every day, but I’m an early bird, so if posts don’t start happening until mid afternoon, I don’t see them until the next day.
 With recuperating from the fires out here this summer, and getting back into our home, and rearranging everything that got turned upside down during the evacuation, I haven’t gotten much building done.
  We had contacted several roofing companies early in the summer, to reroof our house. After the fires we couldn’t get anyone to even call us back, because they were so busy. Luckily I found a roofer, and the job was finished a week before the first rain. No I won’t be buying any lotto tickets for a while, I think I used up all my good luck for this year.

Olderndirt

Wow Dirt, don't envy you at all. All I did was move, lol. Glad you have a house to go back to and that you and your family are safe.

Rett

john2

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 04:08:08 PM »
 :)  I was not fussing at anyone about not building.  Just like to see some daily activity.  We all have real life to deal with. 

Back on my old computer, and after a trip to West Virginia next week, hope to post the only 3 models  I have managed to build in '18.  A pick up, trailer, and a modified.

And, I hope to get  back into the swing of things after that.

Charlie.D

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 04:52:05 PM »
I have not been here lately due to this stupid shoulder. I thought about ending it all. Because depression, stress and pain in the shoulder. I don't like all the beautiful models and I can't finish anything. Like everyone is doing. But I am going to make though it all.
Charlie Daniel

john2

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 04:53:58 PM »
 :)  No, Charlie.  Do not even think about that for a minute.  You have a great family who loves you, that I met in Memphis, and a lot of friends here that do too.   

Besides, you owe me a set of dual wheels for my soon to be hauler.  lol  11 Robin Lane, Raymond Ms. 39154. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 04:56:17 PM by john2 »

john2

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 09:33:46 PM »
 :)  Thanks for the call, Charlie.  I enjoyed it.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 09:41:02 PM »
.....SO when I post something, and I will be in the next day or so...a build W.I.P look for it ...will there be some comments or crickets ....I'm betting on the latter.
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 04:58:57 AM »
 :)  Thanks, Brian. 

bandit2026

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 07:56:04 AM »
Well finished that little oob red modified. I did change the wheels and tires, just thought whitewalls didn't look right. Decals were junk after so many years so I'll find something left over to race it up a bit.

TonyK

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 08:09:50 AM »
I check in every day but am a bit of an outsider. Enjoy reading what everyone has to offer but don't really contribute myself. Maybe someday I'll look into how to upload pictures. Right now I spend a lot of time trying to get bodies painted before the cold weather gets here.

john2

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 08:20:20 AM »
 :)  No problem, Tony.  You are as much a part as anyone else.  I don't know how to post pictures right now either.  But my wife is going to  help me with it soon.  Still trying to get our house set up and all the other stuff you have to do  when you move and get married.

Maybe we will get a foolproof method that we can share.   :) :)