Author Topic: Awata airbrush  (Read 1751 times)

Olderndirt

Awata airbrush
« on: November 16, 2018, 02:23:54 PM »
I just picked up an Awata airbrush. Do any of you guys use them? This one is a gravity feed commercial model with the large cup. A local tattoo artist bought it from another tattoo artist, and never used it. Rent came due, money was short, so it showed up on Facebook in the buy and sell pages. I cleaned it up last night, and never found a spec of paint in it, only a little tattoo ink. Can’t wait to give it a try. I had to order a couple of small fitting to plumb it up, orI’d be spraying now.

Olderndirt

Marty W

Re: Awata airbrush
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »
I don't mean to nitpick, but just for the record, that is an Iwata. I have never used one. To this day, I still use my trusty single action Paasche H.

Lefturns75

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 04:30:52 PM »
I'm still using a Mac Tools branded Badger I picked up around 1996.  I figure if it aint broke, dont fix it or replace it.  It don't matter much since the way I paint, Air Brush, Rattle Can or Brush it all comes out the same.  Show us something you painted OND, talk is cheap, pictures are worth a 1000 words. 

Olderndirt

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 11:46:30 PM »
Not technically advanced enough to post pictures. And to be honest, I  don’t get a lot of models finished.
 I used rattle cans for years, for all my paint jobs, but the nozzles in the new cans are terrible. Besides I don’t live even remotely close to a hobby shop. So I’ve been using hardware store rattle cans which aren’t all that great. The local auto parts store quit stocking touch up paint in rattle cans. So the last paint job I did was rattle can paint decanted into a ten dollar siphon type airbrush from Harbour Freight. The paint job turned out surprisingly well after I polished it. So when I got the chance to buy an air brushthat retails for a couple hundred bucks for fifty, I jumped at it.

Olderndirt

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 12:12:24 PM »
  I have a Paasche VL double action airbrush that I picked up a few years ago at Hobby Lobby using the 40% off coupon which made the purchase a little bit easier to do.  I still consider myself to be a novice when it comes to painting...whether it be a rattle can, brush or air brush....I usually decant from a spray can into the bottle when I have air brushed.  My biggest issue is learning patience and not getting in a big hurry.....paint thinned correctly,making sure of correct air pressure, correct distance between the air brush and what is being painted, shooting thinner coats...etc. etc.
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington