Author Topic: Zakspeed Capri FINISHED...6-1-18  (Read 16814 times)

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
Zakspeed Capri FINISHED...6-1-18
« on: March 25, 2018, 04:46:05 PM »
Well folks...Slim Louis inspired me to get to some of the road course cars that I've had on the back burner for a few yrs. I decided to build the Jagermeister Zakspeed Ford Capri using the Tamiya Mampe Capri for the build. It is fairly simple as far as parts count goes but...well engineered and up to the Tamiya molding standards go.

The kit roll cage is only half there. Soo..I want to put as much bar work in the green house as possible. Finding interior Pictures of the cage area was a pretty good challenge. I finally found some on line a few days ago. I had alredy started building the front part of the missing cage when I discoverd the rest of the story. Now...I'm going to add the Door bars along with another support bar from the right front upright to the bar just under the dash. Here are a few pics of the work I've got done to this point. 

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:32:11 PM by Gary Davis »
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

sentsat71

Re: Zakspeed Capri W.I.P
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 07:24:07 AM »
Looking good!!
Ed K.

Gary Davis

Re: Zakspeed Capri W.I.P update...3-26-18
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 05:22:26 PM »
Thanks ED...

Here's an update on the bar work...It is complete and as far as I'm going with it. I added the door bars and the bar that goes from the left upright bar to the center of the dash bar. I made this cage so it will lift out for painting. I want to do the cage a little different color than the interior and it makes adding things easier when the cage isn't in the way. Here are a few pics. Thanks for stopping in.

"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

MarkJ

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »
This is going to be Awesome so I will be watching with interest.

Gary Davis

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 11:56:34 AM »
Thanks David and Mark for stopping in and commenting...

Gary Davis

Re: Zakspeed Capri W.I.P update...3-29-18
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 11:40:13 PM »
Got a little more done on the Cari. The Gas,Brake,clutch was finished today. The peddle on left is just to rest on. Here's a few pics...

Gary Davis

Re: Zakspeed Capri W.I.P (small)update...4-10-18
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 02:38:25 PM »
Here's some progress info. The wind vanes(for lack of a better tech info) on the front fenders are made along with the left front vent on the hood. All the holes that were engineered into this kit for the battery thing are all Plugged. The bottom seat belt slots are also cut in and the holes in the back of the seat are plugged. The knob for the turbo was fabbed from plastic rod and is mocked up in the pics. It's ready for priming and that should happen tonight...hopefully...
Body....

Chassis....

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:44:28 PM by Gary Davis »

Bob P.

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 03:39:47 PM »
Excellent work Gary.

I can tell a lot of work has been put into this build already. The cage work is very nice.
I'll keep watching the progress on this build.

Bob

sentsat71

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 08:38:42 AM »
coming right along there.....looking good......!
Ed K.

Michael F

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 04:10:57 PM »
Gary, you´re going to build a very cool car! The bright orange of the Jägermeister racecars is very nice.

Btw. here in Germany the Ford Capri was called the "german Ford Mustang" because of the short trunk and the loooong hood :D :D

Your detailwork on this car is great! Looking forward to see the finished model!
Greetings from Germany!

Gary Davis

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 04:37:20 PM »
Thank you for the lookin and compliments folks.

Michael...I'm going to do the Liqui Molly Capri as a full detail build here in the future. I'll use the Monogram IMSA Mustang as the base for the build. Should be a challenging build.

Gary Davis

Re: Zakspeed Capri W.I.P update...5-13-18
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 12:00:37 AM »
Well...got some more work done on the Wurth Capri..The wheels are painted and tires mounted ready to add to the chassis. The chassis is painted and 99% of the detail painting is complete. Just have to touch up a little here and there. Tomorrow the cage ans all the interior goodies will go in. The Dash Gauge bezels have been painted but the Gauge decals haven't been added yet. The body is painted but needs rub out.That will happen real soon...this puppy is really getting close to track time... Here are a few pics to see what's been done...

sentsat71

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 08:40:17 AM »
WOW!!

Lookin' sharp!!
Ed K.

David Bogard

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 01:48:39 AM »
The wheels alone are worth the price of admission Gary! They really pop! That black should be stunning against those rims. This thing is really going to be sharp!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Gary Davis

Re: Zakspeed Capri W.I.P DASH update...5-17-18
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 02:22:45 PM »
Thanks for stopping in and commenting Ed and David....it's appreciated.

Here is an update on the Dash. It's in Mockup and will be installed real soon. Have to build the racing harness and then the whole interior will be finished..