Author Topic: Zakspeed Capri FINISHED...6-1-18  (Read 16836 times)

David Bogard

Re: Zakspeed Capri W.I.P DASH update...5-17-18
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 03:56:27 PM »
Lordy! Looks like the cockpit of a 747! Pretty amazing work Gary!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 06:27:52 PM »
Thanks David....it does look like a cockpit of a plane. Lots of gauges to look at...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

sentsat71

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 06:47:45 AM »
That's a "wild" cockpit!!
When does the driver have time to look at all those gauges??

This is really coming along, Gary!!
Ed K.

Gary Davis

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 12:30:13 PM »
Thanks for the compliments Ed and Steven. I'm building the racing harness today and this chassis should be up on it's feet real soon. Then...it's a little rub on the hood of the body and then shoot clear...then all those decals will go on.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Gary Davis

Re: Zakspeed Capri FINISHED CHASSIS...5-23-18
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 04:57:45 PM »
Here's the finished chassis. The hood on the body needs rubbed out a little and then I'll shoot it with clear and add the Decals....which should be this week...maybe...hopefully... OK..not sure?? LOL

David Bogard

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 10:47:04 PM »
Really coming along nicely Gary. I really dig the concept of building what you can and leaving the unseen to the imagination. Some kits and builds are just like that and this is a perfect example. It'a going to be a killer build and yet, "under the hood?". . . who the heck cares!!!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

sentsat71

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 07:42:11 AM »
Man oh Man!!!
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Looking Fantastic!!

Ed K.

Gary Davis

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 11:32:30 AM »
Hey Ed...Thanks for the compliment...

Really coming along nicely Gary. I really dig the concept of building what you can and leaving the unseen to the imagination. Some kits and builds are just like that and this is a perfect example. It'a going to be a killer build and yet, "under the hood?". . . who the heck cares!!!
Thanks for the lookin David. This kit is a curb side from the start...meaning no engine or engine bay detail. That's basically what this Tamiya kit is. I had in mind to do a complete full detail build on this one but changed my mind when the idea of using the Monogram ISMA Mustang kit as a donor was shown to me. I'll do that when I build the Jagermeister Capri.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:09:51 PM by Gary Davis »

BobD

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 07:43:07 AM »
Looks good....love that instrument panel!

Gary Davis

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 02:11:26 PM »
Thanks Bob...starting the decals today.

Rod Statsman McLeod

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2018, 11:50:35 AM »
I loved these cars when they raced.

Great job on this one.

I was thinking maybe one could take the turbo four Zakspeed engine from one of the Revellogram IMSA Mustang GTP kits and do some cool kitbashing if you wanted to go crazy but I like the way Gary is doing his.

Gary Davis

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2018, 05:09:14 PM »
Thanks for stopping in and commenting Steven. 

Well...the Decal sheet from Studio27(made by Cartograph) for the front Valance on the "WURTH" Black car didn't fit. Found this out after I had cut it and tried to apply it to the car. Whom ever did the design work on it was smoking something other than cigarettes. It was way off. Sooo...I thought about it and switched to the D&W Black Capri. I wanted to build that one also. It just came sooner than later. The Graphics on that car are really cool. I've got it 3/4 decaled as I type. It's taken 2 days to do get to this point. I should have it complete here in a few days. Then I will post pics... 

Thanks Rod...I am going to do a FULL DETAIL build using the Monogram Mustang Motor Sports car kit and the Zakspeed body..... It will be the Jagermeister car. Of course that's down the build list though.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:14:04 PM by Gary Davis »

Gary Davis

Re: Zakspeed Capri FINISHED...6-1-18
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 10:32:38 PM »
This Capri is finished. I had to go with a different race team as the Decals for the Wurth Black car was wrong. Sooo...I went with the D&W Black car. It has a very cool paint scheme. The Decals took a little time but all in all...they were good. Here's a few pics of the finished D&W Zakspeed Ford Capri...thanks for looking in folks...

sentsat71

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 09:55:10 AM »
COOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One sharp looking build!!!
Came out great!!
Ed K.

Michael F

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2018, 04:09:32 PM »
Wow, that looks familiar, i hink i saw it once on the famous Nürburgring ;D ;D
Very nice build of a cool racecar. Very well done !!
Great job, Gary !
Greetings from Germany!