Author Topic: Goo Goo Clusters Buick Regal  (Read 1415 times)

Volzfan59

Goo Goo Clusters Buick Regal
« on: October 01, 2023, 09:29:03 PM »
Goo Goo Clusters Buick Regal Grand National driven by Tommy Ellis. This was back when NASCAR racing was great. Monogram Stavola Brothers Snickers kit with JNJ Decals. The body paint is good ol Testors spray. The chassis paint is Ford tractor, gloss light gray. I know that it's far from a perfect recreation, I couldn't find any interior or engine shots of the actual car and to be honest, the pictures that you could see parts of the chassis were lacking. Some pictures had a red window net, some a black one. This was always one of my favorite race cars probably because I love a Goo Goo Cluster candy bar! I hope that you enjoy looking at them.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 09:40:49 PM by Volzfan59 »
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Speedracer

Re: Goo Goo Clusters Buick Regal
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 10:09:33 PM »
Looking Gooood! Thank you for sharing it with us
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 05:17:25 PM by Speedracer »

Volzfan59

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 11:13:04 PM »
Thank you Sir!
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

john2

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 05:15:01 AM »
 :)  Another good one.  I, too, remember the days when NASCAR was great.  Don't even know anymore where they are from week to week. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TonyK

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 08:27:56 AM »
I remember this car and had never heard of the candy bar until I saw the sponsor. You did a great job on the model and I agree, this was a time when NASCAR was great.

Volzfan59

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 09:58:09 AM »
Thank you John and TonyK, I really appreciate your kind remarks. Like you John, I rarely watch anymore. I hate it and, it pains me to say that I didn't leave NASCAR, they left me. I'll happily live and model in the past.

Edit, TonkK if you can find a Goo Goo Cluster with pecans instead of peanuts, try it. They are ridiculously good!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 09:59:44 AM by Volzfan59 »

daverace

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2023, 01:22:48 PM »
like build real good wish mine would look

Volzfan59

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2023, 05:32:15 PM »
Thank you daverace.

Bob P.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2023, 02:24:57 PM »
Very nice build.

Bob

Volzfan59

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2023, 05:59:30 PM »
Thank you Bob