Author Topic: Revell  (Read 4586 times)

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Revell
« on: August 17, 2018, 06:19:00 AM »
Hey, guys, there's a new thread entitled REVELL over on the Model Cars Magazine forum under the title REVELL in the General forum. I see some renewed hope and a tentative list of upcoming new and rereleases including a 69 Boss 302 Mustang and.....a 68 Chevelle SS, both new tools.  I encourage y'all to check it out and evaluate the validity for yourselves.  This is also confirmed by Tom Carter/Spotlight Hobbies!!!🤗🏁

Posted Wednesday at 08:53 AM

Ok so I work for a hobby shop in Massachusetts and I just got a fax copy of an email that was sent to 1 of my distributors from Revell. They are back with a new company here in the US.  There new warehouse is located outside of Chicago. & there is product on the water on its way to the new warehouse & they are trying to have stuff available by September - October time frame & quantities will be limited. So be patient.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:23:14 AM by Greg Birky »
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Re: Revell
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 09:05:03 AM »
68 Chevelle!!!!!!!!!   You got my attention! Hope so.

Tb

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 01:58:33 PM »
I've still got the 69 Chevelle with the McDonough decals...thinking the 68 Chevelle might be a great kit rather than the AMT 69 Chevelle.  Whatcha think...maybe a Barry Burnes replica.  Cool just to have a new Chevelle.  Still I would like to see them do some glue kits of modern cars as well.  More of what young kids might be captivated by.  Just thinkin' out loud.🤗🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 04:27:11 PM »
I am building at a snails pace.  I reckon I need to post more pics.  What I'm doing is trying to come to terms with my building pace vs. my want to build pace...😖🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 08:12:47 PM »
Hee, hee!!!  Yup that's me heading to the hobby shop for some supplies!!!😂😂😂
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 08:32:55 PM »
LOL...don't feel bad Greg....I'm that small dot in the middle of the shell.....Thanks for carring me to the HOBBY shop...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 10:21:28 PM »
Welcome aboard the snail express, Gary...glad to help get ya there!!!🤗  As for you, David, you make me laugh till my sore ribs hurt!!!😂😂😂🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Rod Statsman McLeod

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 05:51:04 PM »
Glad to see the death of Revell was greatly exaggerated.  Even more happy about a 1968 Chevelle. Can we get a flat hood and make it a trifecta?  8)

So many of the 68/69 Chevelles that raced around here were actually 1968s. Very cool release!

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 07:17:54 PM »
I agree, Rod.  The Chevelle's of the 68 and up are a sorely forgotten vintage for us guys who grew up and worked on 68-72 Chevelle's.  Cool thing is, on the real car all we did was take the quarter panel extensions of and bingo...68 Chevelle is now a 69.  You are so right about the sheer number of 68/69 Chevelle's that were really 68's and there are quite a few I would like to think I can build with the new kit.😎🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »
SO...I wonder how much different (other than a 302 Vs. 429 engine) that this "new" '69 Mustang offering is going to be from Revell since they released the "Motor-City Muscle" series '69 Mach I Cobra Jet a few years back.  Hopefully they don't try and pass off a 429 as being a 302 on the unsuspecting, we shall see. 
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Lefturns75

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 09:30:51 PM »
Well, since the 69 Mach I came along the first time around 88 or 89, then the 70 boss 302 and later the motor city muscle series I would wager this one is nothing more than a mix of existing parts and pieces.  I cant see them spending any cash on a new tool for a 69 boss 302 when they already have enough stuff to put in a new box and call it something else.  You might get some new wheels or something but I bet the copyright mark on the chassis will say MMI 1988 no matter what they call it.   That is unless it is one of those re worked die cast jobs like the crappy 68 kit.  I have no idea what the Chevelle will be since they have never done one of those.  Who knows, maybe that is a typo and it will be a 66?   We will know in a few months. 

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 11:01:48 PM »
  I hear ya.......
  There are several other Ford family products that I would rather see kitted using the 302 that would actually really excite me.
 Ford Granada /Mercury Monarch
 Ford Maverick/ Mercury Comet
 '77 - '79 Ford T-Bird /Mercury Cougar
 '83 - '88 Mercury Cougar

You would think that the kit manufactures would listen to what we, the builders, are saying since we are the demographic that their sales marketing is geared toward.

The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 04:55:36 PM »
I just got this email...good stuff here folks...

http://culttvman.com/main/breaking-news-atlantis-buys-revell-toolings/
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

sentsat71

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 08:27:29 AM »
That is GREAT news, Gary!!
Will be curious as to what molds they ended up with........
(Then i start "dreaming"....lol)
Ed K.