Author Topic: Hello.....Hello....Anyone out there???  (Read 4031 times)

sentsat71

Hello.....Hello....Anyone out there???
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:33:14 AM »
Wow.....it has really gotten quiet here......
Ed K.

Olderndirt

Re: Hello.....Hello....Anyone out there???
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 10:19:58 AM »
Heck, I didn’t post nothin’  because I thought y’all died.

Olderndirt

Dirtman

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:42:35 PM »
I'm here! Haven't got anything to post, or much to say tho!

Rett

Lefturns75

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 03:09:58 PM »
Heck, I didn’t post nothin’  because I thought y’all died.

Nope, none of us is dead so you're out of excuses.  Post Something.

bandit2026

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 05:09:58 PM »
Trying to decide what color to paint  sportsman chevy think it will be blue yea light blue.

john2

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:34:19 PM »
 :)  I am trying to let Ed and David get ahead of me on the posting.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 08:15:29 AM »
Ah, John2, somehow I don't think that will happen.......might get close, but overtake you? I don't think so.
Besides, I like reading you're posts......
Ed K.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 09:18:46 PM »
Wow.....it has really gotten quiet here......
... I posted something rather deep in the forums Sunday evening...apparently you missed it.
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 06:40:15 AM »
 :)  I have to be honest with you guys.  I have posted lots of stuff over the years, some of it wordy, and I know not everyone read every word of it.  And I have been known in lean times, just to throw something out there to get things moving again.

Now, at  78 I find myself not reading every word written  here either.  I have always been a shelf builder, and now have become more of a box stock guy.   I want peace and quiet, not more problems to deal with, of any kind.  And posts that are long, or that  I have no interest in, I pretty much skip all together.  See my * note below.

The " how to's" are great for those who like to do that, and for those wanting to learn all about it.  But now days, I am just waiting for pictures of the finished product.

And, as best I know, that is ok.  There is still room here,  for every one, I think, no matter our level of interest or skill.

People come and go in everything, and interest ebbs and flows in all of it.  So, I think we just need to enjoy what is here, as it fits us.

*  I still  try to follow NASCAR and I know many of you don't.   But they have 2 shows on each afternoon, plus the  practice, and qualifying, and races, each week.   They have a pool of interviewers, and a pool of participants, that they go round and round with, talking  constantly, but the conversations are the same ones over, and over, and over.  Every now and then, I hear something I did not already know. 

Years ago, true race fans were criticized  by laymen for watching for wrecks, or some one to get hurt or killed.  I don't think anyone wants that now, but I watch boring lap after boring lap, waiting for a spin or a wreck, because those  are the only things that change the complexion of the races.

And this play off thing they have created to save NASCAR has taken the sportsmanship out of the game.  Now it is  ok to knock someone out of the way to win to make sure you get to the next round.  Whatever came of racing cleanly and winning because you were  a better driver or had a faster car ?

Ok, end of my rant.  I promise to read your thoughts.  lol
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4