Author Topic: No photos  (Read 3506 times)

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
No photos
« on: June 07, 2017, 05:28:32 PM »
Hi guys...I've noticed that a lot of photobucket pics have gone missing.  FYI:  if you post pictures of your model builds, post them to the forum and then move them within photobucket they will disappear from your post here on the forum.  It would be best to make a dedicated file for each car that you want to post and then post your photos.  You can still add more to the file but as long as you keep it a dedicated file for that model the pics will always be in your post on the forum.  I learned this from Tom so I know it works to use a dedicated file that you don't move.  Any questions, I'll try to help and I know that Tom and David both understand what I'm saying.  Thanks for lending me your ears, it'll make the forum more fun if the pics are always there.  I'm purty sure that other photo hosting services would work the same way.  Have fun fella's!!!🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Dirtman

Re: No photos
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 09:53:20 PM »
Ok, now I need to find out how to make a dedicated file. Not so swift with this stuff..

Rett

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:08:50 PM »
It's just a matter of making a new folder for each subject and storing them in the library as a stand alone folder, not included in a folder with any other subjects.  I hope this helps, Rett.  I'm not real good at trying to 'splain myself so perhaps Tom, Dan, David, etc. will chime in and take a stab at explaining it so all can understand.  "HELP WANTED" gentlemen.  gb
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 07:17:48 AM »
I'll be working on it, thanks.

Rett

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »
Steven , I'm not plugging anyone, just saying I gave up on PB cause it got very difficult to use. I use Flickr. Simple. There are a couple of small tricks it took me a bit to figure out (since I don't read directions)..after that piece 'o cake. When I get time, perhaps I'll post a how to (for flickr). If you noodle around in it for awhile you'll likely figure it out.

tom

sentsat71

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 07:06:26 AM »
Tom....
I take it you are talking about a dedicated file set up away from this site that you can go to pull pics from....  correct?

thx
Ed K.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 09:44:57 AM »
Yes, such as photobucket, fotki, flicker, etc.  Any time you move your pics after they are posted here, they won't be visible because the url has hanged and they are basically lost as far as this website knows.  That was the case at Freds or any website as well.  I found this out when I moved pics during the gluebomb CBP and David turned me on to the issue.  So yes, a dedicated file on your photo hosting site will take car of missing photos on the forum.  I hope I explained this in a way all can understand.  Thanks for the question Ed.  gb 🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

sentsat71

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 05:50:28 PM »
Thanks, Greg...
Now I have to see if the pics I put on flash drives show up on my new operating system.....the few i had on CD's wouldn't copy over.....however, using a library computer with windows, they were still thankfully there......
If I had been thinking clearly back when I started posting pics on Fred's I was using a "borrowed" camera, so once I had them in folder on the former system, they were deleted from that camera....never thought (hindsight 20-20) of getting my own scandisk so I could have saved them there.....that's what happens when  one was not knowing much about digital cameras.....

Ed K.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »
I hear ya, Ed!!!  Seems like photos are my worst enemy...prolly why I don't post too many.  I've come to hate Photobucket.  I have a paid Fotki account and a free Flickr account.  I think I'm going to try using Flickr and see if it isn't easier than photobucket.  Seems like the older we get, the steeper the learning curve.🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

supergluek5

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 12:58:20 PM »
my photobucket acct. was accounting all stupid last week when I was trying to post so pics on here. I got to looking for the problem and discovered that the ads allowed by Photobucket was killing my lap-top and also saw a line that said go ad free for 15.00( 1.25/month). I paid to go ad free and so far have not had anymore problems.

Supergluek5
Mike
There's only 3 sports--racing, racing, and more racing

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 02:15:04 PM »
That's good to know, Mike.  I'm having the same issues on my iPad.  It would be worth 15 bucks just to avoid moving all my pics somewhere else.  gb😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

john2

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 03:26:54 PM »
 :)  I have my problems with PB from time to time, but it seems to always work out after a while.  I  have been on 11 years now, and it says only 25% full.

Right now, when I put one on, it takes a bit to reach the library. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Dirtman

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 03:58:48 PM »
I've used Photobucket with no problems since I got back into the hobby. Sometimes when they change something, I muddle through and make it without too much hassle.

Rett

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 10:13:31 PM »
Good info...thanks Rett.🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky