Author Topic: Time to Call Him the Best?  (Read 2650 times)

David Bogard

Time to Call Him the Best?
« on: June 11, 2017, 11:50:17 PM »
I watched Scott Bloomquist annihilate the field and win his 7th Dream this weekend. (Freddie Smith and Billy Moyer have won it twice, nobody else more than once). He's won The World 100 4 times, and in fact, he's won every Major Event I can think of, most of them more than once. I'm certainly partial the days of yesteryear but seriously, has there ever been anyone better than Scott for a dirt career?
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Re: Time to Call Him the Best?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:52:58 AM »
I agree...as much as I like Billy Moyer, Scott Bloomquist is the best in late models.  He is truly a class act as well!!!😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 11:02:58 AM »
Scott is good and pretty cool to watch..but...I think as far as Dirt careers go...I don't think anyone can match Steve Kinsers Records. His legacy includes 577 World of Outlaw feature wins, 20 Outlaw championships, seven Kings Royal wins and 12 Knoxville Nationals championships and  876 sprint car features victories. I don't think there will be anyone that will come close to those numbers while running on Dirt. I sure would like to watch them if they do get close...that would really be cool...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

supergluek5

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 11:11:34 AM »
I agree on Kinser's record is awesome bar none: but his is in Sprints.Bloomer's is in Super Late Models. although I partically do not care for Bloomquist his record is impressive and stands for itself.  ? to ponder What would  haveJeff Pervis done if he hadn't went the Nascar route and hurt

Supergluek5
Mike
There's only 3 sports--racing, racing, and more racing

supergluek5

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 01:11:46 PM »
David,

"The Bloomer" is one of last "Legends" left.  I mean this because he has driven cars that were built in garages and barns as in the old days. Just go back and look when he started. And over the years as in all forms of racing has built " a better mouse" trap for himself along the way. While on the boat I get to watch the Lucas Late Model series on Mavtv and rarely is Bloomquist not challenging for the win

Supergluek5
Mike
There's only 3 sports--racing, racing, and more racing

Bob P.

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »
I totally agree with everyone on Scott Bloomquist being the best in late models.

Steve Kinser has all those wins in sprint cars, but for many years, with the World of Outlaws, preliminary races were not counted as feature wins. Think of what his numbers would be if they were added in, as they should be.

Bob