Author Topic: Chassis Question  (Read 2107 times)

TarheelRick

Chassis Question
« on: September 05, 2019, 02:22:55 PM »
I have acquired an extra 66 Nova body.  Am thinking about an asphalt short track car, similar to the ones that replaced the Tri-Five Chevys and later Chevelles at Hickory Speedway.  My question is what chassis were used under these cars?  Any suggestions, ideas, or WAG's will be accepted.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Re: Chassis Question
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 03:01:11 AM »
Hey there, Rick!  It’s probably a few weeks away from beginning but with the surfacing ofthe #27 Nova picture from David I will be building a replica of it and my knowledge of th build is still pretty good so I’ll be constructing the chassis for it and I invite you to follow along or if you’re ready to get going I’ll try to answer any questions you may have...Either way I’ll try to help you all I can!!! Over the next few days as I’m at my work bench I’ll be looking through my tri five kits for a suitable donor chassis and I’ll let you know what I come up with l!.  If you’re ready to build your Nova perhaps we could kind of build along together until you confident enough to finish it by on your own!!!  Gonna be some fun coming up!!!
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

TarheelRick

Re: Chassis Question
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 06:14:40 AM »
Will probably be a while before I get it on the bench.  Since I am on medical leave (neck surgery) I have been trying to get some of my started builds across the finish line.  When you do start yours I will be watching closely for any information I can garner.  Thanks for the reply.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.