Author Topic: Recommendations from Paint Gurus  (Read 2259 times)

TarheelRick

Recommendations from Paint Gurus
« on: January 15, 2018, 04:37:51 PM »
I am needing to buy a new paint respirator.  The two I have been using I have had for more than 10 years and I can no longer find replacement cartridges for them.  Any suggestions as to manufacturer, model numbers, etc. will be greatly appreciated.  Also a little information on sizing - how is that determined?
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

john2

Re: Recommendations from Paint Gurus
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 05:49:20 AM »
 :)  I have never  been able to use or trust that I was using one correctly,  much either, although I have tried.  They  all say to do it, so they are probably right.  I have had enough headaches to wonder.

I have just tried to stay outside with the painting, or have a window open for the  glues and such. 

However, as many  as I have built over the years, I have really never been as gung ho on perfection as a lot of you guys  have.  I  really never got caught up in having everything just so.

Sorry, not much help. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Prostreeter69

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »
Hey Rick:

I Have always just used the ones that you can get from Home Depot or Lowes. I don't use it a lot only when a spray the automotive stuff, other wise I have a shed I do all my spraying in where I open the door and have windows cracked.

Jon
Mopar or no-car

James2

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »
If your using a booth and/or a ventilated area any mask will help, but not completely necessary, IMO .
Using a the right respirator correctly is the key. It's best to decide what type you need and buy the best your money can afford.
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."