Author Topic: Fenderless Stocker Pictures  (Read 3782 times)

TarheelRick

Fenderless Stocker Pictures
« on: May 27, 2018, 03:13:30 PM »
I have pulled a zip-lock parts bag of a 53 Ford convertible I picked up at the CKM show last August.  Of course the Flathead is missing, but that can be rectified from my selection of kits.  My biggest issue is I am building it without front fenders, I have seen a few pictures of these.  Can someone point me in the direction of some of those pictures?  I believe this form of racer was primarily in the Midwest area, and being Southern they are foreign to me.  Any help will be appreciated.  Of course as with most of my circle-trackers it will be a fictional build.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: Fenderless Stocker Pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 03:36:07 PM »
....I think the Birky bros. in Iowa have quite a few pictures...
    I have posted what I have in the reference section ....no 53' Fords though....what I have would be '55 thru mid 60's model years.
 http://www.shorttrackmodels.com/index.php?topic=897.0
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 04:19:28 PM by Brian Conn »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 08:52:33 PM »
  Good Lord David, you have built a model of just about every car to compete at Peoria.....Hall of Fame builds I might add....an awesome site, thanks for sharing. :)
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 05:42:46 AM »
 :)  Rick, it is your model. You can build it however you wish.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TarheelRick

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 06:54:24 AM »
Alright, thanks for all the photos.  At least I know I am going in the right direction.  Part of my concerns were types/sizes of tires and how the exhaust exited.  I see in these photos there is no real rhyme or reason, so I am right in my element.  I am going to try to begin a W.I. P to let you all see what I am doing so you may nudge me in the right direction.

TarheelRick

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 06:41:27 AM »
Wow, those are some impressive builds David.  One thing I noticed is the detail you have added around the outside edges of the firewall.  Are these your random ideas or based on real cars?

BobD

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 03:15:48 PM »
Great looking replicas David!  I've seen them on the Peoria Oldtimers website.

sentsat71

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 08:07:52 AM »
David, your build of the #65 Chevy looks like a couple that show up at the Algona, IA track when they have a night or 2 during the racing season when the "old" cars come out for actual racing. Never had a camera with me those nights.......will have to see if the July 5th race doesn't get rained out as they are on the schedule that night.......also the last couple of years there has been a sharp looking Chevy II "full bodied" with a 454 under the hood. Even though it has too much power/torque for the third mile track, the car has won those events.......
Ed K.