Author Topic: Funny About Model Car Kits  (Read 2623 times)

Duane Garner

Re: Funny About Model Car Kits
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2022, 09:15:00 PM »
Okay, kits I've never built i have a number of the 1/8 scale Monogram kits I've yet to build, including a 32 Ford I bought in the early 70's. I've shipped it to every assignment intending to get her built. But alas, she still sits in the garage, still unbuilt!

Fordguy01

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2022, 11:26:24 PM »
I too was in the Air Force over 20 years.  Albuquerque NM to Naples Italy, to Ellsworth South Dakota to Offutt Nebraska, to Ramstein Germany, also East Germany then to Fort Meade Maryland, I've been to France, and I've also been through Rota Spain, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia...with Defense Courier Service during the first golf war.  Retired to Offutt Nebraska in 1990 after the wall came down.  To all members on the forum whether retired military or several years, I thank you all for your service.  John, where do I start on kits, I have approximately 700 unbuilt kits not including parts kits and resin bodies.  Lots of plastic and resin but so little time and BTW my late wife used to enjoy the show Hoarders, she would cringe if she saw my hobby room now.

Al 

john2

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2022, 08:41:22 PM »
 :)  I was just messing with you guys, correlating the intense waiting for certain kits to come out, and then  seemingly few of them built.

As mentioned earlier, I have 12 kits/projects left, and becoming 83 next month, with little time and energy anymore at the same time, few, if any of them will get done.

Plus, a now renewed interest in watercolor painting, which I do with my wife of 4 years, Anne, a member of this forum. 

I, too, served in the USAF, 4 years and 10 months, as an administrative officer.  After Lackland --   Greenville and Charleston SC, remote Alaska, and Duluth, MN.  I enjoyed most of it, but there is no place like home. 

Build on, my friends.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 08:43:16 PM by john2 »
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2022, 08:56:06 PM »
John, I bought one of those midgets when they first came out. Opened it and realized it was not really my thing, plus I didn't know how I was going to not break all those itty bitty parts. It went on the auction block.

Tom

john2

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2022, 06:32:18 AM »
 :)  Yes, Tom.  They were small parts. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4