News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

Pro Street Nova

Started by john2, June 01, 2020, 07:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john2

I started one yesterday.  Being as old school and conservative as I am, I can't imagine why anyone would want one.  They seem very impractical to me.  I guess those guys build them just because they can. 

But a year or so ago, I became intrigued with those gigantic rear tires tucked up inside the rear wells so neatly.  Nothing like our short track late models. 

I'll post it when I get it done. 

And there is very little going on here, so I thought I'd give it a kick in the backside. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

john2

48 views  --  no comments.  Well, you can't make anyone post.  Not mad or anything.  Just disappointed there is not more activity going on here.  I'll sit down now. 

Tom Birky

I'm a sucker for a clean pro street car. As a young dude my driver was a 71 V8 Vega with G60 15 tires mounted on corvette rally wheels on the rear. The only reason it wasnt completely tubbed with huge tires was $$$$!.  Amazingly, my old car is still around and someone has finished my dream of tubbing it out.

Bring on the Nova John, cant wait to see it.  Tb

john2

Thanks, Tom.  It's about half done.  Lotta flash on it, though, to deal with. 

It is a '66.  My favorite of the CII/Nova body styles.

john2

Here it is. 

This is the sloppiest model I have built in a long time.  I was disappointed with the kit, and also with my ability to deal with the problems that came up. 

It is box stock except for longer exhaust pipes since I know nothing about Pro Street cars.  Click for larger views.

See my forthcoming post on the Bench Racing topic. 

Dirtman

I don't know John, it looks pretty good to me.

Rett

Fordguy01

Really looks good to me. Keep em coming.

Al

Charlie.D

Nice looking build you have done there JOHN
Charlie Daniel

sentsat71

VERY nice looking build!!

I don't know much about drag racing type cars either....started one late 2013 or early 2014, but it is sitting around somewhere....only the frame was started while at a model car club meeting back then....that was the only time I've worked on any builds..... :-[
Ed K.

BobD

Good lookin' John!  I don't think you should give up the hobby just yet!

TarheelRick

The only problem I see is that "Bowtie".  Other than that it is a good looking build.  I have some of these in my stash, and at least one will be hunkered to the ground with wide 5's and some serious meat sticking out the fenders.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

john2

Thank you all.  Not giving up the hobby.  Just going a different direction.   Will be taking lots of short cuts. 

RandB11

I think you did a excellent job on it John! Sure looks good from here! Hope you keep on building I really enjoy your builds!

Rick :)

Fordguy01

Hey John if you find that any of your short cuts could help the rest of us in our modeling efforts please share.

Al

john2

Guess I'd better keep them to myself, Al, or I'll get us both thrown off this forum.  lol