Author Topic: Phil N. Blank 2018 ARCA Ford  (Read 9142 times)

MarkJ

Phil N. Blank 2018 ARCA Ford
« on: October 24, 2018, 11:03:43 AM »
Revell snap kit. Testors enamel paint shot with lacquer thinner. My own ink jet decals. 54 hours to complete.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: Phil N. Blank 2018 ARCA Ford
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:11:11 PM »
¡Ay, caramba!        :D
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

MarkJ

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:42:24 PM »
Should have been "Phillipe Blanco"! A very nice crisp and clean build with a Spanish flavor!! Well done sir!

Actually Phil and his brother Bubba have been winning all the races at Houston's Meyer Speedway for the last ten years, ever since it was re built as a clone to Bristol Motor speedway. They both decided to try their hand at Arca this year. Bubba was going to drive the Tecate car. The trouble is the cars just got finished and the season is over. The sponsorships are only good for 2018 so I guess their out of luck.

MarkJ

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 03:45:03 PM »

Brian , if I knew what that meant, I would thank you for it, but for all I know you might have just cussed me out. But thanks for the reply anyway.

Lefturns75

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 04:03:02 PM »
Nope, he didn't cuss ya Mark.  Since I don't speak Spanish, I would say it "Oh Verflixt!"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 08:42:42 AM by Tom Birky »

MarkJ

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 04:22:37 PM »
Nope, he didn't cuss ya Mark.  Since I don't speak Spanish, I would say it "Oh Verflixt!"

Thanks , George. But I don't know what Verflixt means either. So I'll just have to take your word for it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 08:43:07 AM by Tom Birky »

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 07:23:03 PM »

Brian , if I knew what that meant, I would thank you for it, but for all I know you might have just cussed me out. But thanks for the reply anyway.
    ¡Ay, caramba!   is an exclamation used in Spanish to denote surprise.....Had to look the true meaning up myself as I remember Bart Simpson using it thru out "The Simpsons"
  Quite a nice build....the colors of everything really look really great together.
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Lefturns75

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 10:25:20 PM »
By the way Mark, during all the B.S. I forgot to mention that your build is very nice.  You have the touch of making these new cars sit just right.  I don't know about you but if Toyota can be involved, I would love to see an AMG-GT show up in Nastycar.  I might even start watching it again.  I enjoy a suds once in a while but I don't care for Cactus Juice and besides, rumor has it there is a Mule involved in the brew somewhere.  Has something to do with code for the XX.   You could do up the AMG in Oettinger Bier Livery¡¡¡¡   Yes!!!!

Somewhere you did a thread on how you modified these new cars to sit lower and get the tires inside the body.  Was that here?  If not, you should do another as I think it would be useful to some of us hackers that might try one.   Again, very nice build.........but don't drink the water. 

sentsat71

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 06:29:48 AM »
WOW!!! This really caught my eye!!

GREAT decal work!!!!!!!

Looks a lot better than anything that NASCAR teams have for sponsors and paint schemes!! (Have no ARCA team pics to reference)

Great job on this!!
Ed K.

MarkJ

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 07:29:22 AM »

¡Ay, caramba!   is an exclamation used in Spanish to denote surprise.....Had to look the true meaning up myself as I remember Bart Simpson using it thru out "The Simpsons"
  Quite a nice build....the colors of everything really look really great together.

Thanks Brian for clearing that up. For some reason I have never watched the Simpsons so I had no clue what it meant.

MarkJ

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 07:51:02 AM »
By the way Mark, during all the B.S. I forgot to mention that your build is very nice.  You have the touch of making these new cars sit just right.  I don't know about you but if Toyota can be involved, I would love to see an AMG-GT show up in Nastycar.  I might even start watching it again.  I enjoy a suds once in a while but I don't care for Cactus Juice and besides, rumor has it there is a Mule involved in the brew somewhere.  Has something to do with code for the XX.   You could do up the AMG in Oettinger Bier Livery¡¡¡¡   Yes!!!!

Somewhere you did a thread on how you modified these new cars to sit lower and get the tires inside the body.  Was that here?  If not, you should do another as I think it would be useful to some of us hackers that might try one.   Again, very nice build.........but don't drink the water.

George, thanks for the props. Actually the beer that Heineken started the rumor about the horse piss was Corona. Rex White, my favorite driver from the sixty's wrote a book called "Gold Thunder". In it he tells about his favorite beer, Dos Equis. Well of course I had to try it and it was the smoothest most delicious beer I had ever tasted, and I have been drinking it ever since.  The XX is the roman numeral for 20. I have know idea what it means. The beer started in 1897. That is why I chose the number 97 for the model.

As far as lowering these cars go I did a wip on this car and in it I explain in detail how its done . Its really quite simple because you retain the metal axles and don't have to glue the wheel assemblies to the hubs or the rear axles. The link to the wip is below.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/136084-wip-arca-2018-ford/

MarkJ

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 08:00:41 AM »
I agree with Lefty on getting a snapper like this to sit right. I'd like to know myself. Hey, that paint is super smooth Mark! Do you have a gloss coat over it?

David, I shot the car with testors enamel from the small bottle that was darkened with a little black enamel. I shot it with lacquer thinner which helps keep the paint from running if you get too close, which you need to do to help stop orange peel. The lacquer thinner flashes faster. I did put one coat of the new name for future, which is pledge floor care. I put it on with a wide soft brush. But the main thing is that I did not have to polish it, which I hate to do. The link for the lowering of the snappers is below.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/136084-wip-arca-2018-ford/

MarkJ

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 08:02:33 AM »
WOW!!! This really caught my eye!!

GREAT decal work!!!!!!!

Looks a lot better than anything that NASCAR teams have for sponsors and paint schemes!! (Have no ARCA team pics to reference)

Great job on this!!

Thanks, Ed. It was a real fun build.

MarkJ

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 08:07:09 AM »
Here are the leftover decals.

BobD

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2018, 12:13:06 PM »
Great job Mark - especially the decal work!