Other > Community Builds

OctoberFest 2019 Build Progress Photos

(1/18) > >>

David Bogard:
Place your progress photos here.

dirtmodwrench:
First batch of parts out of the chrome stripper...and sanding mold lines off the body panels
Ramchargers build dechrome by Mark Shea, on Flickr
Ramchargers build seam lines by Mark Shea, on Flickr

Lefturns75:
I'm sticking with David's idea of building like you were a kid again and going about this like I was 10-12 years old.  I have two colors of paint, ONE brush, and this time liquid cement and some super glue.  I do not own a tube of old model glue and wont use it.   My kit choice is the Monogram Black Widow Hot Rod.  The kit only has about 57 parts and lacks a rear suspension and transmission but I think it will look good as a 6 to 8 footer as David calls em.  I did spend a little time trimming some flash and sanding some pieces for a good fit and had some paint on some parts, the engine painted and assembled in a little over an hour.  There are only 8 simple parts to the engine.  I will build this one like the box art----Nostalgia Baby!

Unless something comes up I don't expect, this could be completed this weekend.  If that happens I have another crude little kit I will finish up in the same manner and enjoy being 11 years old again. 

Olderndirt:
Oh boy, does that old black widow kit bring back memories. Since I can’t remember ever building an out of the box model, I of course animalized one of these kit back in the day. The parts pack were the new thing in the hobby shops. I got one of them with the bubble top in it, and proceeded to do my impression of an Ed Roth creation, using the old widow as the basis. Thanks for the memories.

Olderndirt

Brian Conn:

I have some body work to do before I can even think of gluing two pieces of plastic together.  I cut 6 scale inches off of the front fenders and hood and still need to fill in the gas hole ;D on the Left quarter panel, remove the rear window braces and remove the front windshield hold down brackets.

I am building this in the spirit of the local Modified Street Stock rules 1984ish ... this build explores that Grey area of the rules that existed back then....the body had to be factory sheet metal on factory body mounts BUT it said NOTHING of removing that sheet metal to shorten up the front to reduce front end weight.  The engine and transmission are in the stock location as per the rules ::) even though the engine got pushed back an inch or two....on these Fords as long as the oil filter is ahead of the engine cross member it all looks good.       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version