Other > Community Builds

CBP '34 Ford Truck Build Photos here!

<< < (2/18) > >>

Greg Birky:
Yessiree, I’m a gonna do it!!!  I think about 3 scale inches would be about an 1/8 inch with no body filler...Easy peasy!!!

Marty W:
Chop it! That's what I did, too. I am going a little crazy with mine. All Ford, and I will probably put in the truck bed, with the narrowed '56 Ford back end. Was going to use a '57 Chrysler tail, but it looked kinda horsey.

Marty W:
Yeah, you don't have to go nuts to build a really nice looking truck. Look at the custom job on the AMT box. It's pretty conventional as far as the design, but the stance, paint job, and other details make it an outstanding looking model! LOVE those whitewalls!! I just go overboard a little sometimes. But I also appreciate a really clean, classic looking truck.

Also, don't expect to see a gleaming paint job on this one. It will be pure Rat Rod.

Greg Birky:
Very kool, Marty!!!  I’m diggin yours!!!  Hey David, your race car creations tend to go to the wild side and I think my hot rods tend to go there...polar opposites, lol!!!  Funny thing, Tom and I were recently discussing how neither of us seem to be able to build anything box stock.  I’m thinking in my mind, why not a box stock 34 Ford pickup...Yeah, right, never gonna happen, lololol!!!!😂 I can’t wait to see the cool variety of builds we end up with and I’m certain each one will be a winner!!!🏁🏁🏁

***By the way, I ended up cutting up a bed from a parts kit to put in a new bed floor rather than cutting out the good floor in the new kit bed.  I have an idea already for that bed...the parts kit is an old Lindberg issued kit thus the strange colored plastic.

john2:
Thanks.  I did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version