Author Topic: Steering wheel question(s)  (Read 8288 times)

sentsat71

Steering wheel question(s)
« on: June 24, 2017, 05:55:29 AM »
Had a question of the steering wheels on the old Kustom Koffin kits.
I already see that this version bought in 1971 as a different steering wheel, than one found in about 3 years later.

Already see that this build has yet a different steering wheel.....though rather blurry

Do not have the greatest views of the 3rd version
[URL=http://s8.photobucket.com/user/sentsat71/media/RaceCarPictures056.jpg.html][/URL]
I have no idea of where I would have found the steering wheel for the the first pic (#6) as this was built before I moved away from Iowa in 1972 and I know at that time I did not have racing type steering wheels around. So now I don't know how I came up with "appropriate" racing style steering wheels for these kits, Just know they were not from the White Lightning supermod kit.
The #6 car is in the freezer to see if I can get that steering wheel out.

The fun begins.... :) :( :-[

Thanks for the heads up, Gary Davis.... :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 05:59:24 AM by sentsat71 »
Ed K.

ausbodies

Re: Steering wheel question(s)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:42:59 AM »
Monogram Edmunds supermod?

Similar but I think different would be the chrome wheels out of any Monogram 29 Roadster pickup kit or the older AMT 57 Chevy hardtop.

Cheers

sentsat71

Re: Steering wheel question(s)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 05:05:22 PM »
Well.....didn't have as much luck in trying to get the steering wheel out of the #6, started breaking up....
not to mention what I did to some of the rest of the car..... :'( :'( :( :(
But it looks to be very similar to the Edmunds supermod steering wheel, but have no idea where I would have gotten my hands on one at the time. didn't have all that many kits at that time.....the #6 was built after the kitbash of an Edmunds super mod using the body off the Revell Orange Crate (steering wheel from the Orange Crate??? doubt it) (That's the red #54 in an earlier post)

As for tires and wheels, have sets from Big Donkey waiting in the wings for the #6, #3, shown here, and the #4 White Lightning kit, also in a previous post...the tires and wheels shown on the these three builds were from the parts box.......
Ed K.