Author Topic: Cedarville Model Car & Toy Show  (Read 3080 times)

BobD

Cedarville Model Car & Toy Show
« on: March 10, 2019, 10:00:26 PM »
A big shoutout to Tom & Greg Birky for letting me tag-along to the Cedarville Illinois Model Car Show this afternoon!  It was educational & entertaining (and very tempting to over-extend yourself at the vendor tables).  The weather cooperated, the roads were clear, and I was in good company.....it was a great day.  One thing though, Greg - remember to put your phone in your pocket before leaving the building! LOL!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 11:13:43 PM by BobD »

john2

Re: Cedarville Model Car & Toy Show
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 06:44:36 AM »
That's great.  I am glad you guys got to be together for it.  Any pictures ?
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

BobD

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 09:43:24 PM »
Pictures from Cedarville are posted at  http://wwwboard2.spotlighthobbies.com/cgi-bin/bbs62x/webbbs_config.pl?md=read;id=237968   When you get to the bottom of the first page, you can click on the "Cedarville 2019" to go the fotki thumbnail page.  It looks like they took photos of every entry.  Lotsa nice stuff there!

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 03:45:50 AM »
GREAT pics!!!
FANTASTIC builds!!!!!

no sprint cars? hmmmmmmm....
Ed K.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 07:12:06 AM »
Hello gentlemen,  I’m kind of working my way back into building and I must say that for those who can get there the Cedarville, Illinois contest and swap meet is a very fun show!!!  There is a good turnout of models and the community center gymnasium plus the entire rest of the building is packed with vendors except for the contest room.  It is a fantastic day that Tom and I and now Bob D. all look forward to each and every year.  It’s always the second Sunday in March every year so the date may vary but the day never disappoints!!!  Every year the number of very nice short track models!!!  If y’all get a chance to ever go, do it...you will be glad you did...It’s nice to see old friends and make new ones!!!  Okay, I’ll shut up now so be sure and check out the pictures here:https://public.fotki.com/NitroMarty/model-car-shows/2019-model-car-shows/cedarville-2019/
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky