Author Topic: Gary Davis build featured in Scale Auto  (Read 6152 times)

Hondo

Re: Gary Davis build featured in Scale Auto
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 09:16:49 PM »
Congrats on the build and recognition, Gary.
Awesome work that you do.
Now, where's that thumbs up button???

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 03:05:52 PM »

Congrats on the build and recognition, Gary.
Awesome work that you do.
Now, where's that thumbs up button???

Thank you very much Jim.

Gary I just keep coming back and looking at this build. I really like it and the color. Congrats again. Its just one of those builds you never get tired of looking at.

Thank you Steven.
The idea I had in my mind for the build was just that. I saw this kind of setup a lot back in the 60s-70s. At the Pit gate waiting to pay to get in and truck'in down Hwy 99...both North and south from Redding Ca. It was a very cool time for Dirt Track Racing as it seemed like there were Hundred's of race teams pull'in to the next Track. It was soooo cool and it stuck in my mind for ever...I just had to try and create that same feel and look that I had experienced in 3D. I know a lot of the folks on this board has had that same experience and it made me feel good to be able to spark that cool memory.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Gary Davis

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 11:53:08 AM »
Your welcome. Saw a lot myself when my Uncle used to race. Of course we used a station wagon to pull his car around. When I got back into modeling always said I was going to reproduce it some day. He used a couple of cars and basically had us as a pit crew. LOL. We would load up his pickup, and all of us in the wagon (how my brother first broke his arm thats another story) and go to the races. Would like to get at least one done before he passes away and send it to him. Think Ill put at top of list this year.

Hey Steven...NOW that's what short track racing is all about. It would be really cool if you could build that memory and post it here as a W.I.P. What yr and make was the station wagon? There were a lot of pickups and wagons pull'in the cars back in those days. OPEN Trailers with tire racks on the front. Sure miss that look...ya know?

I can see your team in the pits with the igloo cooler full of ice, POP, and peanut butter sandwiches. On a good Sunday(if ya saved up the pennies) ya could even get a few hot dogs( with entirely too much MUSTARD...LOL). If we were really rich with the pennies...we would buy some fries with tons of Ketchup too. Some GREAT memories there...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Gary Davis

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 02:12:26 PM »
Hey Steven...I'd probably go with the Pickup as the tow vehicle. The Nova sounds like a very cool car for the trailer. Man...this is going to be cool Steven.

I hear ya on the metal coolers too!!! Bruise city for sure... LOL