Author Topic: Scale Auto belly up?  (Read 2557 times)

Olderndirt

Scale Auto belly up?
« on: July 21, 2020, 04:47:17 PM »
 Saw on YouTube that Scale Auto is pulling the plug. Seems like with everybody trapped at home, with nothing to do but read, and build models, it would be good for their business, but evidently not so much.

Olderndirt

john2

Re: Scale Auto belly up?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 05:19:10 PM »
Judging by the traffic around here not many staying home any more.

As for the mag --  not much race car stuff anymore anyway. 

And so it goes. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Olderndirt

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 07:48:46 PM »
Unfortunately the August issue has some real good short track stuff in it and a great recommendation for Big Donkey resins.

Olderndirt

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 09:32:17 PM »
   Scale Auto's magazine days have been living on barrowed time for quite a while now, so I'm not too surprised.    They are no different than a lot of newspapers and other periodicals whose time has passed a long time ago and are no longer viable or in production any more.  Thank you to the social media sewer and the internet wasteland >:(   
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Fordguy01

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 11:03:39 PM »
Saw that myself and I am disappointed as there are now only mags for military stuff and I am not into  military modeling.  The article said that when my subscription runs out they would send Fine Scale Modeler.  The only way I'll read that is if there are any automotive articles but when FSM ends the only way I'll buy it is if there car modeling stories/how-to articles for model cars.  Not all may be lost though if you go to the Pro Tech site and scroll down to links and click on it there towards the bottom is a mag called Model Car Builder.  Not sure how long it has been out but what I saw there quite a few issues out already. Hold on to your exacto knives fellas the mag aint cheap.  Print copy is $12.00 WOW pretty pricy for a magazine.  Hope this helps you guys.  I'll get off my soap box now.

Al

Olderndirt

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 11:07:53 AM »
Go to a bar Fordguy, heck a beer is $12.00.

Olderndirt

sentsat71

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 11:12:39 AM »
Have a feeling when my subscription is up, I won't be renewing...
Ed K.