Author Topic: Any Updates  (Read 2477 times)

Fordguy01

Any Updates
« on: July 28, 2020, 09:40:57 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about the Sorvino modified that as supposed to (I think) be released this summer?  I have checked with Frank at model cars and more but he hasn't heard anything.  Thanks

Al

john2

Re: Any Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 04:14:52 AM »
The last I heard, no decision had been made as to whether or not they would  produce the kit.  But if they do, the earliest it would be available would be late fall. 

I would like to have one.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

hemiman_2010

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:24:40 AM »
My last conversation with Rick Salvino was that the only way it would be out is if they find the money to justify it it is an all new mold if you think about it they only have done and released 3 kits the 77 Olds in 4 versions the 73-76 Monte Carlo in 6 versions  the new Pontiac Gran Prix 2+2 in 2 versions so far all the rest are from R/M and they are doing rework on many of them. The modified would be a risk because a lot of people do not build that type of thing and not everyone that says they will buy 1 to 6 never follow through. So a partner would most likely get it done sounds like a Job for the Model King To Me....

Charlie.D

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 02:45:57 PM »
I would like to have a couple of those kit in my collection
Charlie Daniel

john2

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 04:37:22 PM »
I think we should forget about it.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Fordguy01

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 07:31:36 PM »
Thanks for the updates gents.  I will try not to get my hopes up but if it does happen I will be the first to get at least two but for now I will continue to work with the Tobias and slammer kits.  Thanks again.

Al

TonyK

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 10:34:09 AM »
Sheesh, I thought this was a done deal. Figured it would be awhile before we saw them out but I planned on buying 3 anyway. And yes, I would follow thru with that claim.

If there were any time to be taking a chance on producing a new model, I'd say this is it since I keep reading the hobby is doing well. And there's nothing out there like this kit.

Fordguy01

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 10:50:08 AM »
I also thought it was a done deal Tony and I said I would buy two but I could be persuaded to go three or even more if other bodies/engines either plastic or resin would also work with it. The thing now is to be patient and maybe someone will come along that likes this type of kit to help with the manufacture of this it.
Thanks again for all your inputs guys.

Al