Author Topic: CKM Annual Show & Swap Meet  (Read 2539 times)

TarheelRick

CKM Annual Show & Swap Meet
« on: August 24, 2018, 09:19:16 AM »
Anybody coming to the Clemmons show tomorrow Saturday August 25th?  It will be from 8:00-3:00 at the Village Inn Conference Center, 6205 Ramada Dr, Clemmons, NC.  There are usually quite a few vendors and plenty of models to ogle over.  If you are there look me up I will be behind a table with four boxes of great deals and will be wearing a "Glory Days" drag racing T-shirt and a "USAF, MSGT Retired" baseball cap.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

john2

Re: CKM Annual Show & Swap Meet
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 04:48:57 AM »
 :)  Wish I could be there.

Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 07:22:25 PM »
I hope you guys had a great day, Rick!!!  It would be nice to have a home nearby all of the contests we would love to attend, lol...I reckon that would create a poor man in a hurry🤔...will there be pics of the show online???😎🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

TarheelRick

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 07:35:23 PM »
It was a pretty good show.  I didn't get any pictures, I was too busy trying to get people to open their rusty wallets to buy a kit or two.  This is the only show I go to now.  When I lived in Rutherfordton I could go to a couple of shows in Spartanburg, SC and the one in Simpsonville, plus come back home and go to this one.  The CKM website will usually post some pictures of the show.
One of the more enjoyable times was when a father and his 10 year old son came by the table and reminded me I had given the kid a '55 Corvette snap kit two years ago.  He took the kit home, built it, entered it in another show, and won a trophy for best Junior age 11 and under.  The kid brought it to this show and I got to see it, he did a really good job with it.  He didn't win with it at this show but he did get best Junior 11 and under for his Ecto 1.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 10:17:02 AM »
That's cool that the kid built the model and was proud enough to show it off.  Even better that the kit was given to him.  That says a lot about the giver (you) in this case.  I'll check the CKM site for pics.  Seems like I remember them on Fotki.  😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🤗🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky