Author Topic: 1971 Dodge Charger Deconstuct/Reconstuct wip  (Read 15501 times)

MarkJ

Re: 1971 Dodge Charger Deconstuct/Reconstuct wip
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2018, 08:53:23 AM »
Chrome Horned?   Hahahaha!  I thought I had heard em all but thats a first for me, only from you Mark.  I do know Hallie and I think she is much better lookin' than the Queen of Crunch ever could be or thought she was.  I'll be willing to bet you never see Hallie spin one to the RIGHT like Damitca always did.  Hope she does well and goes far, Kyle needs another girl to race with, providing one of her eyes dont get swelled shut again.

I spelled her name wrong. Its Hailee. She does a mean Happy Gilmore impression. Running up to the ball to drive it. Very impressive.

MarkJ

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 05:26:29 PM »
Just need to wire the engine and then I can reinstall it in the chassis.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2018, 02:03:39 PM »
Great work...as always Mark.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

MarkJ

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2018, 02:30:18 PM »
Thanks, guys. Now I'm wishing I hadn't deconstructed it so much. Also wondering if I will get some warm enough days to paint the body.

john2

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2018, 05:22:07 PM »
 :)  Looks like you may need to send this one to me.

x
x
x
x

No, only kidding.  I have enough to do already.  lol
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

MarkJ

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2018, 05:15:51 PM »

MarkJ

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2018, 05:21:53 PM »
:)  Looks like you may need to send this one to me.

x
x
x
x

No, only kidding.  I have enough to do already.  lol

John, looks like its going to be warm and sunny tomorrow. I guess I will be able to put the first paint  color on the body. Its one of those dreaded 2 tone paint jobs.

john2

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2018, 06:51:04 PM »
 :)  It will be great when you finish.

I will do some painting tomorrow myself  --  but will be the walls for my race shop diorama.  We will have sun and close to 70 degrees. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Lefturns75

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2018, 08:34:36 PM »
I was going to ask you if you needed any original parts but it looks like you have it under control.  You made that old hemi look good for what comes in the kit.  By the way, it wont make much difference when finished but the upper part of the dash is mounted upside down.  The line is for attaching and lining up the vertical dash and the square relief is for the larger gauges.  It makes no difference when assembled as you cant see it but next round, you'll know.  Keep going, I have parts if you need em, just ask.

MarkJ

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2018, 07:27:17 AM »
I was going to ask you if you needed any original parts but it looks like you have it under control.  You made that old hemi look good for what comes in the kit.  By the way, it wont make much difference when finished but the upper part of the dash is mounted upside down.  The line is for attaching and lining up the vertical dash and the square relief is for the larger gauges.  It makes no difference when assembled as you cant see it but next round, you'll know.  Keep going, I have parts if you need em, just ask.

Thanks, George. Well, when you install it wrong 45 years ago I guess you are doomed to install it wrong again. I have no instructions now and apparently I didn't know how to read them 45 years ago. I'm sure that wont be the only mistake I make, but I will catch it on the 71 Plymouth I'm doing next. Maybe I did it right on that one, I'll have to check it.

Lefturns75

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2018, 09:25:58 AM »
Hahaha!  I think I did at least three or four that way back then before I finally looked at the instruction sheet.  I must have done more than one each in the entire series back when but none exist today, just some parts.  Some I did up nice, some I gloo-bombed pretty bad.  I still put on parts upside down, backwards, crooked and get gloo prints on them.  I went from being a hurry-up young guy to a blind old fart.  Dont let that piece bug you, this will be a beauty I am sure. 

Hondo

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »
Mark, I have the instruction sheet for this kit.
Not that you'd need it, I'd be glad to share.  :)

Thanks, George. Well, when you install it wrong 45 years ago I guess you are doomed to install it wrong again. I have no instructions now and apparently I didn't know how to read them 45 years ago. I'm sure that wont be the only mistake I make, but I will catch it on the 71 Plymouth I'm doing next. Maybe I did it right on that one, I'll have to check it.

MarkJ

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2018, 07:36:24 AM »
Mark, I have the instruction sheet for this kit.
Not that you'd need it, I'd be glad to share.  :)

Thanks , Jim. But I think that was my only major screw up on this one and once its finished it will be hard to notice.

MarkJ

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2018, 07:43:45 AM »
Hahaha!  I think I did at least three or four that way back then before I finally looked at the instruction sheet.  I must have done more than one each in the entire series back when but none exist today, just some parts.  Some I did up nice, some I gloo-bombed pretty bad.  I still put on parts upside down, backwards, crooked and get gloo prints on them.  I went from being a hurry-up young guy to a blind old fart.  Dont let that piece bug you, this will be a beauty I am sure.

Thanks, George. Its not bugging me at all. I got the first color on the body yesterday and I'm pretty happy with it. Now I will wait a week and hopefully get some more good weather and put the other color on. I'm going to have to alclad II the rear bumper. When I removed the decals that were on it the chrome came off with them. No biggee. Sometimes I think the alclad looks better then the kit chrome.

MarkJ

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2018, 05:14:16 PM »
The chassis is done except for the exhaust and the tires and wheels installed.