Author Topic: Open Wheel Car Trailer Conversation  (Read 2207 times)

spotter23

Open Wheel Car Trailer Conversation
« on: February 28, 2019, 06:33:40 PM »
I'm a big fan of open car trailers. I often purchase kits that include car trailers, just for the trailer. Many of these kits are becoming more expensive than I'm willing to pay but I'm always on the lookout. Recently I began a build which would include a trailer from the Revell Chevy Van kit. While looking at the trailer prior to the build, I decided to make a simple drawing in hopes to reproduce another trailer from evergreen stock. This particular trailer would be fairly easy to build from scratch, with the exception of the axles, springs and hubs.

I contacted a friend who has a 3D printer, sent him the axles, springs and hubs...…...he was able to do a good job to reproduce these items, in fact well enough that they fit the actual kit trailer.

My question is...….is there enough interest by other builders for this type of items to reproduce more and offer them to folks that like open trailers?

The attached photos are of the kit trailer with the 3D parts attached and one showing the parts themselves. Currently I have don't have a good fell for the cost, obviously they need to be reasonable...…….just looking to test the waters for interest at this time.

Thanks
Mark Gregory

Trailer 002 by Mark Gregory, on Flickr
Trailer 003 by Mark Gregory, on Flickr
Trailer 004 by Mark Gregory, on Flickr
"Looking Cheap Ain't Cool & Looking Cool Ain't Cheap