Author Topic: Test Racing Series?  (Read 5206 times)

supergluek5

Re: Test Racing Series?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 02:48:10 AM »
would love to do it Dave.  may even help keeping the series points if there any to keep.  As of now I do not have a way to post photos the photobucket crooks finally caught up with me and froze the account & I'm not going to pay the crooks
There's only 3 sports--racing, racing, and more racing

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2019, 11:07:36 AM »
I'll play if we can do something 60s-70s.

Tb

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2019, 11:31:13 AM »
  If this comes into being , I will be willing to host, on my Fotki acct. for those who don't have a 3rd party photo hosting site or issues with their current one....all I would need is for the pictures to be e-mailed to me.

I also would encourage any members who have multiple builds of what ever time in the racing past is chosen on to offer up a ride to those who, for what ever reason, would like to participate but cant due to the lack of a suitable stock car.  This will, perhaps, make for higher car counts and member participation.   
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2019, 06:36:24 AM »
I am going to respectfully decline, David.  I have a lot on my plate these days after years of relative inactivity.  And I am not getting any younger.      Best wishes, though, for all involved to have much fun.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

hemiman_2010

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2019, 11:39:35 AM »
To me this sounds like a lot of fun, however, I would break it into 2 divisions of short track cars 55 to 64 these cars were home grown and basically can be done mostly right out of a standard kit with a little extra work as at this time it was anything goes but it was mostly home built. Then group 2 1965 to 1974 this will allow the newer kits like the Mopar kit cars and MPC Super Stockers or combinations or scratch built cars. This way those that are not scratch builders and just want a nice looking shelf model out of the box can play as well as the scratch building guys. Hopefully a lot will want to be involved ..
If you want prizes I will offer 5 sets of decals to the winner in each category and 3 for second and 1 for 3rd. but I will not be the judge.

Lefturns75

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2019, 12:01:46 PM »
hemiman, 2 divisions at one time creates a ton of extra work for the person running the series and writing the race reports.  That is why some have offered to help with photos and loaner rides for those that may not have the correct build to enter.  Once a season is complete, another can follow with a different type car and at some point, ALL builders will have a chance at entering a series.  There is nothing to judge, all winners and runners up are by luck of the draw.  Building skill and detail has nothing to do with winning, this is not a building or best of show contest. 

hemiman_2010

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 04:24:56 PM »
OK that's fine I guess I misunderstood the whole concept here no problem I am due for another mistake my last one was in June of 2011 LOL....

sentsat71

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2019, 05:30:22 PM »
If I read your guideline, David, this would not qualify....
This is the original

After the body was sent off to be resin cast

The "new" replacement body....not a resin copy, but from a "street" kit that will need to be modified....

But I would have issues with wanting to spray paint the body....am in a rental house, so not sure if or where I could spray paint (rattle can, no airbrush) let alone have access to model spray paint, unless Rustoluem or Krylon will work on plastic....(Landlady if very particular about what happens in the house...(I do not have a paint booth)

As for brush painting would have to study an an article in SA for using acrylics, though am sure that article was talking about using an airbrush for the acrylics....

That's where I'm at.....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 05:43:08 PM by sentsat71 »
Ed K.

Bob P.

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2019, 07:29:57 PM »
Ed,

I use a lot of Krylon primer and paint on plastic. I don't like Rustoluem, it never seems to totally dry.
Just take it out in the yard or driveway and spray paint it. I have a high cardboard box I set the body or parts on to spray paint. I do all my painting outside.

Bob