Author Topic: more idle thoughts  (Read 2103 times)

sentsat71

more idle thoughts
« on: June 28, 2017, 11:42:13 AM »
this on the reason for this forum....
the building of primarily short track race cars!  I love this site, and Fred's as well for the range of one's interest in building such various types of short track cars, all through the years, from the early days to today's modern race cars. There are quite a few VERY talented builders here, and that keeps my interest up, even though I still have not completed a build since 1987.....wow, that long already???   :( :(

The only drawback is not being able to see these fantastic builds in person!!!!!

I did enjoy the monthly meetings of the Albuquerque, NM Model Car Club, as someone was always bringing a build in to show off. What was really nice, it didn't matter how detailed the build, or one built out of the box, all received positive comments. That is about the only thing I miss by not being in ABQ today, along with more choices to eat out (LOL) The president of the group literally buys ALL new car kits when issued or even reissued. Yes, he as at least ONE storage unit filled with unbuilt kits from over the years........And each month he would pass the new kits around for everyone there to look at what's inside the box.

Oh, to have the budget to be able to really afford my hobbies.....  :( :) ;) ;D

Ed K.