Author Topic: Points to ponder  (Read 1566 times)

sentsat71

Points to ponder
« on: September 14, 2017, 09:10:12 AM »
Why were the the late 1920 to early 1930 Fords the only manufacturer to create 1/24*1/25th scale model kits?? Same for the 1940 Fords?
Where are the Chevys? Dodges? Plymouths?
Could it be because that was what 1:1 hot rod builder preferred?

At one point MPC did release a 1932(?) Chevy Cabriolet, but I don't remember ever seeing the kit in the stores where I bought my kits back in the '60's and early '70's (small town Iowa) Saw it advertised in one of the model car magazines back in the late 60's as part of MPC's gangster car series...

What the reason why AMT chose the 1951 Chevy to produce and not the 1950? (Why am i "upset" at no 1950 Chevy? 'Cause my dad owned one....lol)

It was pointed out on another site, why were only Chevy and Ford pickups made into kits? It wasn't until the latter part of the '70's that a Dodge pick-up came out.
However, kits of the late '50's thru early '60's Ford and Chevy pickups were produced through AMT's annual issues (along with annual issues of cars during that time period)
Chevy pickups returned through AMT & MPC in the late 1960's into the early 1970's.

Why did R2/AMT reissue the double kit of the 1929 Ford Model A Roadster & Custom Rod that has all the pieces to create the Ala Kart.....EXCEPT the Ala Kart nose piece???????

With popularity of the IMCA style modifieds and dirt late models, why has no model car manufacturer created kits for this style car? Could it be they feel that the younger generation it too into computer based games/entertainment?

R2 keeps reissue old kits, which is fine, (Need to find the $$$ for the '59 Ed Camino..LOL) But was not happy to see them back date the MPC Datsun Pick-up to its original(?) annual(?) version, would have preferred if they had just dropped the "Bigfoot" part and brought back to the 1979 issue of a hot rod tow truck..but that's just me....
Since they like to back date kits, while not back date a Roadrunner kit to the 1971/1972 styling complete with the planned but never built Superbird, like was done in 1971/1972??

This is what rattles through my mind from time to time......felt it was time to voice it....LOL

:o ::) ::) ;) ;) ;) ;D
Ed K.