Author Topic: Forum survival  (Read 7603 times)

Olderndirt

Forum survival
« on: April 06, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
At the rate this forum is going we are going to need about 400 members to make this thing look like something besides a grave yard. Come on somebody must be building something. If not, lie to me. Tell me your plans ( even if you most likely will never get it built. What’s new? Justsayin’.

Olderndirt

Lefturns75

Re: Forum survival
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »
Ya know Older, I just watched another circle track forum dry up and blow away, not to mention a couple of others.  I don't know what happened to all the roundy pounder builders I used to see but it is bad all over.  Is everyone that taken in with Facebook?   If communicating with other modelers is going to require that, I guess I will once again be a closet modeler.  I REFUSE to go there.   

I have projects going right now but they are some period hot rod projects.  I mostly do Circle stuff but change from time to time or I get kinda stale.  I also spend a little time beating myself up on the go kart, when it's not raining.  I might be an old geezer and really should stay at my work bench and have lunch at the Senior Center but a 7K rpm engine behind my ear and doing some of that Steve Kinser stuff in the dirt makes my day.  That is, until I hook a rut and get all up-ended and all.  I still have a normal neck and limbs so the 5 point belt system and roll cage is doing its job.  It does make getting out of bed a little tough the next day if it's a rough tumble.  It is those times when you see sky-ground-sky-ground and that terrible silence in between landings that gets to me most.  Crazy?  Nope, I just never grew up and until there is a law that says I have too I aint gonna.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 10:04:15 PM »
Well, fellas, just checking in to see what's new...I've not been to the bench in a couple of weeks.  The wife and I have just not been feeling quite right lately.  Could be the winter getting long in the tooth I suppose.  Mostly I've just been forgetting the forum is here but I been forgetting a lot of things.  Don't know about others but that's my excuse, as lame as it is.  gb
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 11:38:15 PM »
I was just trucking alone on my Jimmy Lord '57 Ford. First thing, I had it really poppin' then screwed up the paint. Sooooo, into the purple pond it went. ThenI had to go to Tennessee for a funeral service for a long time (48 yrs) friend. Now I'm back, catching up on things around here. Looks like maybe primer tomorrow or Sunday. Then we'll see what happens! I want to contribute to keep things going to repay those who fought so hard to get thing going!!!
Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 08:11:35 AM »
wish I had an answer as to why I cannot move the 2 feet from where I'm sitting at the computer to my new work table.... :-[
need to stop buying/collecting kits and get to working on the....have all these ideas in my head when I chase some down, but cannot get to actually building  :(
haven't started/or worked on any builds since leaving NM in May of 2014....... :( :(

:( :( ??? ??? ::) ::) :-[ :-[ :-[ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Ed K.

john2

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 09:09:10 AM »
 :)  You want it straight, don't you ?  Here it is.  I have met a girl, and suddenly model cars don't seem to be nearly as important to me as they used to be. 

After being divorced 32 years, it is nice  to have someone care where I am, and what I am doing.  And, by  the way, she wants to build a model, and not a snap kit, either.   Best of both worlds, I believe.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:20:56 AM by john2 »
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

pdaly28

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 10:17:14 AM »
:)  You want it straight, don't you ?  Here it is.  I have met a girl, and suddenly model cars don't seem to be nearly as important to me as they used to be. 

After being divorced 32 years, it is nice  to have someone care where I am, and what I am doing.  And, by  the way, she wants to build a model, and not a snap kit, either.   Best of both worlds, I believe.
I like that John.I am happy for you!

Olderndirt

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 10:53:02 AM »
John that’s a lot more interesting than hearing who died, and who’s lumbago is acting up. You need to keep us informed on the progress of her build.

Olderndirt

Charlie.D

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 03:39:21 PM »
I wish I could could build some thing. But with the shoulder and hand problem after the surgery. It's making things tough to work on a model.
Charlie Daniel

pdaly28

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 09:08:35 PM »
John that’s a lot more interesting than hearing who died, and who’s lumbago is acting up. You need to keep us informed on the progress of her build.

Olderndirt

RIGHT ON!

Dirtman

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 10:02:44 PM »
Looks like John is having a lot more fun than some of us! Way to go John. So very glad to know you are happy and have found someone to enjoy your life with you.

Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 05:58:12 AM »
John2.....You are very lucky to find a girl who is interested in building model cars. That is soooo neat!!!

Ed K.

bandit2026

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 07:19:45 AM »
I work in an unheated garage so that tells you a bunch. Still learning how to post pictures so I'm stuck there until my son decides to give me another lesson. Right now I'm working on building one of those Falcons that everyone hates. Its a rebuild of one I did early on. This time with a 55 chevy frame. I'm using some of the roll cage and the body, that's about it. I haven't cracked open a new kit in quite a while just re building old kits that I never liked.

Dirtman

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 07:38:16 AM »
I work in an unheated garage so that tells you a bunch. Still learning how to post pictures so I'm stuck there until my son decides to give me another lesson. Right now I'm working on building one of those Falcons that everyone hates. Its a rebuild of one I did early on. This time with a 55 chevy frame. I'm using some of the roll cage and the body, that's about it. I haven't cracked open a new kit in quite a while just re building old kits that I never liked.

Sometimes that is more fun than starting with a new kit. I had bought about 20-25 kits a couple of years ago, mostly for the parts. Ended up there were several that just need a little TLC. so I salvaged them enough to put up with my finished ones. Really enjoyed it. So, build on man, looking forward to seeing your work on this one!
Rett

john2

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 07:43:21 AM »
 :) Hang in there, Bandit.  It will work out.

Thanks to you guys.  Her building a model is on the  growing list of things for us to do together, so it might be  a while.  She built one as a child.  We will pick up a kit for her, our  first trip to Hobby Lobby, so I will let you know how it turns out.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4