Author Topic: Forum survival  (Read 7602 times)

Bill in MA

Re: Forum survival
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 09:05:45 AM »
:)  You want it straight, don't you ?  Here it is.  I have met a girl, and suddenly model cars don't seem to be nearly as important to me as they used to be. 

After being divorced 32 years, it is nice  to have someone care where I am, and what I am doing.  And, by  the way, she wants to build a model, and not a snap kit, either.   Best of both worlds, I believe.

That is great news, John!  Very happy for you both.  ;D

I have not had the spark to build for a while now.  It happens.  I still go on here and Randy's to look at builds as well as eBay to see what's cookin' there.  I bid on, but lost, an MPC Rough Rider Pinto kit a few weeks ago.  I go down to the basement once or twice a week and look at the stash, but nothing seems to fire me up.  I'm sure it will pass with time as I've had these spells before.
Professional driver on closed course.  Do not attempt.

James2

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 12:13:23 PM »
Well...
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

Michael F

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 01:36:57 PM »
The garden season has started here, so modelbuilding is now the second hobby after gardening, RV driving, motorcycle driving, spending (too much) time on the computer, make my lady happy  :-* :-*...
Uups, i think i must improve my counting skills ;D ;D
Don´t build much, but i´m every day here !!

On the bench:  1/ 16  ´57 Chevy asphalt modified, Pinto modified, Tiny Lund´s 69 #55 Pepsi Nascar Camaro and much more...
Received my order from Ron Coon a  few weeks back. Two Camaro bodies and a lot of other racer´s hardware.

Good to hear a lady wants to build models! This forum will survive, i´m pretty sure!!
Greetings from Germany!

Hondo

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 02:07:17 PM »
Hey folks,
Just popped on here for the 1st time in a while to see what was happening.
Yes, I am as guilty as anyone for not "being a modeler" lately.
I have many other things that require my time and sadly, building small scale race cars has slid way down the priority list.
Also, several weeks back, our computer died and I lost everything including ALL my modeling info/racing pics/etc.
(The hard drive is being researched to see if anything could be retrieved)
I did go to Nashville yesterday and actually picked up a kit at HL while there.
I am committed to a friend in Carolina to build a KC-135A tanker like he flew in the USAF. I have to finish that first.

Speaking of racing........
I was working in Orlando in February and was able to see the late models and the Ritchie Evans Memorial modified race at New Smyra Speedway.
Last night I was at the Fairgrounds in Nashville for the 100 lap CRA Super Late Model race & the 200 lap ARCA race.
It was windy, high 20s with snow flurries in the afternoon, didn't warm up at night either. BUT, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the young kids race.
I'd rather drive the 400 mile round trip to Nashville than watch free "Cup" racing on TV.

The recent builds are awesome and I appreciate seeing what's been built. Welcome to all the new members too.
Hopefully, I can get "back to it" before long.

Oh...... John2, your post about the new lady friend is not as valuable as it would be if it included photos...... HA !!!   ;D

Rock on !!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 02:10:55 PM by Hondo »

Lefturns75

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 07:28:44 PM »
Hey John2, that happened to me.  It was just Wonderful!!!…………………………Then I lost a business, house, three cars and 175K.   Now I wish the best of luck to you and your new mate and I am sure the little gal is the best thing since sliced bread.  I'm just saying keep an eye on your buttered toast. 

john2

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 05:18:44 AM »
 :)  Well, ( well, what J2 ? ) thanks,  for the comments, everyone.  Not sure about pictures, Hondo, since do not know how to post anymore, or if this residents' computer will allow it.  But we are having fun together.

Oh, and, I have started one of the Tobias ' 40 Ford coupe modified kits.  I'll still be around here, giving you guys hard time, if nothing else.  And still planning to be at the Memphis show in June.

And, as with Hondo, with Anne, and the loss of Matt Kenseth, not too interested in NASCAR anymore.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

James2

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 03:34:50 PM »
:)  Well, ( well, what J2 ? )

I feel I've been cheated on!
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

john2

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 07:12:15 PM »
 :)  Do  what ?

Bob P.

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 12:24:23 PM »
John,

You have a PM.

Bob

john2

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 08:06:06 AM »
 :) Got it, Bob. Thanks.

Rod Statsman McLeod

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 10:49:28 AM »
I am building. Slowly. I have a 64 Ford Fairlane replica of the family race car from 1970 that is coming together. It is painted and decaled and if I push I might get it done this weekend.

I didn't get my last build posted here. I don't have a hosting site anymore.  I need to figure something out about that.

I just finished up a bunch of old CASCAR and local late model decal sheets for my own building projects. For some reason it is easier to get those done than models.

I also took a break from short trackers to build some current Gen 6 cars from the snapkits.  Nothing this crew would be interested in.

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 12:38:10 PM »
Rod, if you get to posting pics, I'm always interested in Gen6 type subjects. Feel free to post them in non short track.

Tom

Grt222

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2018, 12:08:22 AM »
I haven't been around here much lately due to work load, but I did make it to our local show last weekend and another last month. I bought a few kits for future projects. I have been building a little. I have a few started and a grant king sprint car getting close to being done that I was trying to finish for our local show that didn't happen. I will try to get some pics posted in the next  few days. I did pick up a second place at our show with a 35 chevy sedan tobias car I took. Glad to see everyone is well, and congrats John on your new friendship.

john2

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 05:57:42 AM »
 :)  Thank you.