Author Topic: Mike Wallace Donlavey Ford  (Read 8537 times)

spotter23

Mike Wallace Donlavey Ford
« on: January 17, 2018, 06:03:39 PM »
IMG_0289 by Mark Gregory, on Flickr
IMG_0290 by Mark Gregory, on Flickr
I was always a Junie Donlavey fan, he represented the gentlemen who were the backbone of the sport. I never had the opportunity to work directly for Junie, but I spent some time in his hauler over the years, man he had some stories......."Bubba I'll tell ya this".....that's how all the stories started.
"Looking Cheap Ain't Cool & Looking Cool Ain't Cheap

john843

Re: Mike Wallace Donlavey Ford
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 02:28:34 PM »
Great job on your tribute to a really great guy. Junie's cars always seemed to be among the best looking schemes of whatever era you pull one from. I was lucky enough to meet Junie several times, first at the Moonshine festival in Dawsonville for three years then a couple more times at the LLOAR banquet in Daytona Beach. Like spotter said, he was a one of a kind storyteller and if he saw you were enjoying it, he'd really get going! In fact, the first time I met him he ended up talking to my wife for about 20 min. about vegetables or cooking vegetables or something.  One year during the moonsine festival he asked me if I was going the the Atlanta race which was the next day.  I told him that being there and being able to talk for a while with him and Marvin Panch was worth more to me than season cup tickets at the start/finish line. He said "well buddy, that makes me want to give you a hug-- but I'll give your wife one instead!" and boy, did he.

John

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 07:43:57 AM »
VERY nicely done!!
Ed K.

ARCA Guy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 11:54:06 AM »
Like it!