Author Topic: 70's winged sprint car  (Read 10438 times)

JimW

70's winged sprint car
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:07:29 AM »
AMT's Grant King "pole cat" sprint car ,  built this almost str8 out of the box added a few things like tires and wheels , plumbed and wired , nerf bars, scratchbuilt dry sump tank dont remember the kits the decals are from,
#0hoodoff by Jim White,
#0sprinterls by Jim White,
#0sprinter by Jim White,
sprintcar#04 by Jim White,
RACING is an ADDICTION ::: the only CURE is POVERTY

Dr. Kerry

Re: 70's winged sprint car
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »
Nice build!!!!!!!!  ;)
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

pdaly28

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »
agreed!Very nice build!

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 09:37:20 PM »
That's really cool.

Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 04:27:05 AM »
And YES....this IS the other GK based sprint that I hoped you would post here....

The car #'s look like they could have come from the AMT Tobias Modified kits or maybe the Modified Stocker series...

Have a feeling the GK kits are rather scarce again or a bit pricey WHEN they show up on Model Round Up or Spotlight Hobbies

Not sure if Larry at DTR still has any of those kits....

Maybe have to "bug" R2/AMT to get them to bring it back again.....as if they'd listen to any of us.....HA!

Back when they were available around ten years ago, I managed to grab a few of GK sprint kits...
In my hobby/computer room, have 4 of the GK sprint kits and 3 of the Edmunds, would have to check out the stash in the basement to come up with the total number of these kits.....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:05:46 AM by sentsat71 »
Ed K.

Bob P.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »
Very nice build Jim, great looking older sprint car.

Bob

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 12:56:23 PM »
Man Jim...another killer build.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

JimW

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 11:17:15 PM »
fella's Thanks for the kind comment's , This old sprinter was about the most enjoyable model I built in a long time , I started this build when we lived in INDY 1999 I was planing on having Grant King sign this one along with one I built like his #20 sprinter but never did
  we moved down here (texas) in Nov of 99 when I got our house all fixed up this is the first box of models I opened up and the frame was broke in half and in 3 pieces , I set my mind to fix and finish building this little sprinter , after about 2 months I had it looking like this , Carol put it in a model case and set it up over her computer on her shelf there it set for about 3 or 4 years , one of my racing friends seen it in a photo carol had taken of it , any way carol told our friend she wanted $100.00 for it LOL he offered $75.00 a few week latter carol got sick and we needed $$$ for med bill's  , by this time our friend was on the road with the World of outlaws so Carol put it on Ebay I could not believe what she got for it .... it sold just under $200.00  so I had to say good by little buddie!!  lol
sorry for the long post ,  took pain my meds and can't go to sleep my mind is running 100mph

Bill in MA

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »
Wow, another gem!  You certainly have a way with these Sprinters, Jim.  Fine work, indeed!  8) 8)
Professional driver on closed course.  Do not attempt.

JimW

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »
Thanks Bill  glad you like this sprinter