Author Topic: Introduce yourself.....  (Read 90812 times)

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Re: Introduce yourself.....
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2018, 02:56:17 PM »
Welcome Michael from Germany, MikeD, Dirtydog, Tony and DJ from Wis. I hope you all enjoy it here. Looking forward to your builds. Michael, very cool old Ford, and nicely weathered too! 

Thx, tom

dirtmodwrench

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2018, 12:29:30 PM »
Mark Shea, from Upstate NY.  Built tons of short track and NASCAR models as a kid.  Built and pit-crewed on a couple of big block dirt modifieds in the late 70's and early 80's.  Jumped over to the pavement side and worked on a tour-type modified with a buddy for a few years.  Still go the the races, chase the mods and sprint cars around the state.  Looking to get back into building models, with a goal to scratch-build replicas of the cars I worked on 30 years ago.  Will probably start with a couple of old Winston Cup kits to knock the rust off.  Very impressed with the quality of the builds I've seen on this site. Looking forward to learning new tricks from the masters here!

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »
Welcome Mark! Hope you like it here, sounds like you really know your way around a racecar. Glad you found us and look forward to having you here! 

tom
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 10:09:58 AM by Tom Birky »

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2018, 07:15:27 PM »
Hey Mark...my brothers name also... Great to have you here. Looking forward to seeing your work...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2018, 11:40:27 PM »
  I suppose after 13 post and the fact that no one has told me to beat it and get lost that I should formally introduce myself.  I started building in the early 70's , first build was the USS Arizona.  I belonged to a model of the month club... forget which manufacture... sent me a different model every month so I built pretty much anything at that time.  Long about the late 70's it was cars only, even built a few Chevy's and a Dodge.  By the early 80's I was only building Fords, by the mid 80's I had quit building altogether.
  In early 2007 I got a hankering to start building again after seeing what was now available out there.  I had decided that this time I was going to build only dirt track stock cars...Ford, Mercury, Edsal and Lincolns 1955 and newer.  Since there are only a very few kits that fit this criteria , I had to learn scratch building.
  I scratch build with an emphasis on resin casting, which has become almost a second hobby for me.  To be honest,if I had to do a strictly OOB it would be a challenge for me not to add to it in some way.
  Like many of you, I have a few partial builds, too.   http://www.shorttrackmodels.com/index.php?topic=846.0
  Presently, I am working on a '78 Mustang II dirt Late Model that is being built in the spirit of the local Late Models from the 1980 racing season.       
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:44:14 PM by Brian Conn »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

James2

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2018, 09:00:12 AM »
Welcome Brian...
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

Charlie.D

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2018, 01:05:14 PM »
Welcome to the Forum
Charlie Daniel

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2018, 02:02:26 PM »
Hey Brian....welcome aboard.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

sentsat71

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2018, 09:21:59 AM »
Welcome Brian.........!!
Ed K.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2018, 11:41:12 PM »
Hey there, Brian!!!  I'm glad you are here on this little forum!!!  You certainly bring a wealth of knowledge on dirt racing.  I especially like your threads and tutorials.  Anyway, you build some cool stuff!!!😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😎🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2018, 06:20:40 PM »
  Thanks guys for the warm reception    :D
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2018, 09:46:44 AM »
Good morning and a big welcome to jchrisf.  I'm glad you found us here.  When you have a moment please tell us a little bit about yourself and your modeling interests.  Once again, welcome aboard, sir!!!😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

jchrisf

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2018, 12:22:23 PM »
Good morning and a big welcome to jchrisf.  I'm glad you found us here.  When you have a moment please tell us a little bit about yourself and your modeling interests.  Once again, welcome aboard, sir!!!😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁

Thanks Greg.. I am new here and to the hobby.  I got interested in modeling about three months ago when a YT video was recommended to me for some reason on my YT feed.  It was by The Scalemodeling Channel.  I was so blown away by how cool his car looked that I had to give it a try.  Went out and bought nearly everything he recommended and got started.  I've built four models now and am working on a fifth but the weather here on the Space Coast of Florida is very hot and humid and keeping me from painting. 

I'm mostly interested in race cars especially the road race cars of all kinds.  I like the look of Nascars but am not a fan of the sport anymore, however, I still think the cars look cool and look forward to building some.  I grew up in central Arkansas and always loved to watch the Outlaw Sprints when they came to I30 Speedway.  I've been wanting to build one and look forward to building a few.  My uncle used to be part owner of a late model back in the 70s and 80s so building one of those might be cool as well.  I also like Pro Stocks, Funny Cars and Top Fuel drag cars.. they look so cool.  Can't wait to build some of those... though I did build a funny car already and it was a fun build.

Looking forward to getting to know the folks here and seeing your cool builds and learning from you all.

sentsat71

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2018, 09:44:47 AM »
A "formal" welcome to our "little" group here! Glad to have you here.....!

chrisf wrote:
the weather here on the Space Coast of Florida is very hot and humid and keeping me from painting.

I can relate to the hot humid Florida weather. Lived there four years, in the Orlando area, (2001-2005) but had not started to buy model kits back then, after stopping building in 1987 That didn't start until late 2005 after moving to Albuquerque in July that year.....
Ed K.

jchrisf

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2018, 09:49:11 AM »
A "formal" welcome to our "little" group here! Glad to have you here.....!

chrisf wrote:
the weather here on the Space Coast of Florida is very hot and humid and keeping me from painting.

I can relate to the hot humid Florida weather. Lived there four years, in the Orlando area, (2001-2005) but had not started to buy model kits back then, after stopping building in 1987 That didn't start until late 2005 after moving to Albuquerque in July that year.....

Thank you Ed!

Orlando from 2001-2005.. then you got to enjoy our 4 hurricanes in a row in 2004.   No wonder you got out the next year