Author Topic: Introduce yourself.....  (Read 92828 times)

sentsat71

Re: Introduce yourself.....
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2018, 08:15:14 AM »
jchrisf wrote:

Orlando from 2001-2005.. then you got to enjoy our 4 hurricanes in a row in 2004.   No wonder you got out the next year
That was part of the reason.....roommate/significant other was able to get a transfer with the company she was with at the time to Albuquerque where her mother, aunt and gramdmother were living. She felt she needed to be there to help them out, and the company paid for the move!
Ed K.

MZ 500

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2018, 09:05:48 AM »
Hi all I'm new to the form but I recognize a lot of guys on here from Fred's.  My name is Matt and I live in West Michigan. I am 40 and grew up watching friends and relatives race at local tracks and later helping in the pits. When me and my wife decided to have kids (two girls 8 and 10) I kind of retired from working in the pits but we still go to the races when we can.  I Build mostly short track models either replicas or fictional builds but I also enjoy building other subjects from time to time just to brake things up. I Build mostly in the winter months so it takes me a long time to turn out a model but I enjoy working on them either way. In the summer months I work on 1:1 project cars and enjoy hanging out with he family.

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2018, 10:57:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum Matt! I do remember now, the Torino! That was a fascinating build. I'm glad you joined us. Tb
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:33:28 AM by Tom Birky »

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2018, 11:23:57 AM »
Welcome, Matt!  Glad you found your way over here.  You're family so jump right in and have a great time!  I remember you from Freds and a bunch of the old gang are here so it's great to be getting everyone together again.😎🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

MZ 500

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2018, 05:22:27 PM »
Thanks for the great welcome guys glad to be here!

Bob P.

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2018, 07:52:15 PM »
Welcome Mark, well be waiting to see more of your great builds.

Bob

john2

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2018, 05:23:03 AM »
 :)  I remember you too, Mark.  Glad you are here.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

MZ 500

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2018, 07:46:58 AM »
Mark hasn't finished the Buick but he was pretty close to paint last I knew. He has been working on another project that is going to be a show stopper.

Dirtman

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2018, 05:18:29 PM »
Welcome Man! I remember you from Freds also. David is CORRECT, you are a builder!! Glad to see you here! Looking forward to seeing any of your new stuff.

Rett

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2018, 10:20:37 AM »
Dr. Kerry here, not a real doc but a plastic surgeon of sorts! If you’ve seen my builds ya know what I mean! I live in Mukwonago WI. I build anything and everything
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

Dirtman

« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2018, 01:18:37 PM »
'Bout time you signed on officially. Yes, we know your builds. In case anyone doesn't know this guy, he's usually pretty far out in the middle of nowhere! Good builder thats for sure.....

Rett

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2018, 01:38:21 PM »
   Absolutely true Dr. Kerry story....
    April 2014, my wife Amy is diagnosed with a rare form of Cancer, carcinoma sarcoma of the uterus, fortunately it was caught in an early enough stage that surgery could be performed....but there is not an Oncologist O.B surgeon here in Topeka , so she was taken to the University of Kansas Research Medical Hospital in Kansas City.
  Her surgery was in the morning and by evening we (immediate family) were allowed to see her for a short time.  She had a team of about 6 or 8 medical staff that was monitoring her vitals around the clock for the first 2 or 3 days after the surgery.  Just before we had to leave she told me "Tell Dr. Kerry that I'm alive and doing fine .... one of the attending Physicians kind of gave me a weird look as they knew all of the Dr's involved and Dr. Kerry was not one of them.  I explained things the best I could and that Amy and Dr. Kerry had been online friends for a while.  I had a concern that when Amy was given the test where a member of the medical team would ask a question to test her memory cognizance reference her Dr. that her answer would be Dr. Kerry.  I had to remind her of this to which she looked at me kind of confused and admittedly said " oh yea..your right"

In my humble opinion, if there is anyone more deserving of an Honorary Doctoric degree from an institute of higher learning it would be our own Dr. Kerry.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:41:39 PM by Brian Conn »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

sentsat71

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2018, 10:53:34 AM »
Neat story, Brian!
True ones like this make things interesting!
Ed K.

Marty W

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2018, 12:20:06 AM »
Hi all,

I am Marty Warner, aka "car toon" on Fred's site. I joined here a while back, but got wrapped up in a bunch of other things for quite a while. No, I was not in jail.:)

I missed you guys from Fred's, and I am happy to see the forum still going, and I plan to be as active as possible. I am from the northern edge of Los Angeles County.

I look forward to seeing more great builds here! Keep on modeling!

sentsat71

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2018, 06:33:54 AM »
Great to see you here, Marty!!
Remember you from Fred's site.....
Ed K.