Author Topic: Life has been in the way  (Read 4825 times)

Fordguy01

Life has been in the way
« on: November 17, 2019, 08:10:51 AM »
I have not been on here for several months now as my wife has been battling Alzheimer's/Dementia she was diagnosed with it about one and a half years ago and I have not forgotten about you guys but with everything going on around here I simply did not have the time.  On the positive side I've found that my modeling has helped me to "unwind" if you will and relax.  The only thing I've completed thus far is a Gremlin modified that was done for last month's model club meeting.  The theme was Gremlins and the only reason that was completed is that my step-daughter came in from Oregon to see her mom and help take care of her and I sincerely hope you guys don't think that I'm using this forum as a belly-ache box but I did want to let you know that I'm still alive and well (physically) but mentally not so much!  By the way can anyone tell me why Short track models is not on Ron Coons contents page?  Thanks for letting me belly-ache.  God bless

Fordguy01 AKA Al

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: Life has been in the way
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 11:05:14 AM »
  Your doing the right thing by getting it off of your mind , here.  You are exactly right in that building helps you to escape, even if for a little while.  I'm having to do more for my wife as far as chores go due to her declining health issues with heart failure, kidney damage and lung issues related to here radiation and chemotherapy from 2014...so I hear ya'

By the way can anyone tell me why Short track models is not on Ron Coons contents page? 
  Beginning to wonder that myself.....everyone here who has used his parts has given him mention in their post...I would think with this being to only website that is, for the most part, short track related that he at least could make a short post when he releases a new product.  Like myself, not everyone who builds is a member of facebook nor has the desire to become one. 
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Fordguy01

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 10:33:00 PM »
Thanks Brian' this is definitely one-day-at-a-time! event.  I'll put your wife in my prayers.

Al

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 10:37:23 PM »
My heart goes out to you my friend. I've had a few family members with Alzhiemers. Hang in there and hopefully build away!!! Looking forward to seeing some things from you when you find the time.

Rett

Fordguy01

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 10:19:05 PM »
Gentlemen,
Thank you for all of your words of support and understanding.  I have been attending an Alzheimer's/Dementia support group and after talking with the Dr. that runs the program I found out that I am doing everything possible at this point and after telling the Dr. what I have seen from my wife that she is taking small steps needed in order to slow down the progress of this disease.  I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for all your support  it means a lot.
Al

P.S. Yes David I did see your P.M.  Thank you

john2

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 05:16:47 AM »
Prayers and best wishes for you both.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Fordguy01

Re: An update to Life has been in the way
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 09:00:39 PM »
Hi everyone a short note to let you all know that my wife is now improving with the help from the VNA (Visiting Nurse Association). She has occupational therapy and physical therapy coming twice a week.  She is getting stronger and her appetite is improving each day and that tells me the progression is slowing down and that is all we can hope for at this time.  As for me I am able to get out get my running around done now.  I am still building (thank god for the hobby) as it allows me the time I need to relax and get my mind off of the issue and relax and now that things are getting to a dull roar I hope to be on here more often.  Thanks,  Fordguy01 or as I like to be called, Al

Dirtman

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 10:09:15 PM »
Good news about your wife and good news that you are doing well. Looking forward to see you future builds!

Rett

john2

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 06:19:36 AM »
So glad, Al, that things are better.

Hang on and visit when you can.  We will be here.

Prayers and best wishes.

Fordguy01

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 10:54:07 PM »
Thanks fellas for all your kind words of support it means a lot.

john2

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 06:58:03 AM »
It's only grown men playing cars, but a camaraderie develops.

Fordguy01

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 10:25:47 AM »
Thanks for the kind words John and yes I do feel the camaraderie.  I was stretched quite thin while my wife was down back in Oct/Nov but with the VNA helping she is improving.  Cannot cure this disease but it can be slowed down and hopefully prolong her life.  The camaraderie is here with so many of you guys sharing your experiences along with all sorts of help from family, friends and neighbors.  I,ve been blessed with really good people in my life.  Thank you all again.

Al

Charlie.D

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 07:56:49 PM »
We are one big family here. The family helped me out there some tough times with my shoulder. I had some dark times where I thought about ending it all. But friends here help me out there it. Because we are one big family. So we are here for Ford Guy 01
Charlie Daniel