Author Topic: Klutz here.....  (Read 2832 times)

sentsat71

Klutz here.....
« on: January 13, 2020, 08:35:54 AM »
Think I should remember the one pair of winter boots I wear have thicker soles and of course making them heavier than regular shoes....
On Sat. afternoon went to step on the sidewalk at a Casey's in Algona when the tip of the sole did not clear the step up and, you guessed it, down i went hard on the left knee and the right followed suit, though just enough to get a scrape on it, whereas the left knee has 2 scrapes......able to hobble around on it.....but it does NOT like to bend very well. Needless to say it is "fun" trying to get that leg inside the car, let alone out.....It's a little better today....knee bends to almost 90^...
Not to mention, have been battling a cold...
so needless to say, I'm in GREAT shape....NOT.....
So no energy to much of anything....except the today is trash and recycle day.....had to shovel the snow out to the street, as I'm last on my landlords list of snow removal....though he took the hint and did from where I park the car up to near the sidewalk that I clear a bit....but as far as shoveling the sidewalk, along the south side of the house to where it join the piece coming from the front door.....

So much for my start on the year 2020......... :( :o ::)
Ed K.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: Klutz here.....
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 06:16:35 PM »
  Councilman, may I remind you that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger  :D 
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 06:46:11 AM »
If only, Brian......

Fell again yesterday......though from slipping on a small patch of ice after finishing the part of the sidewalk that I did not do on Mon....happened where the sidewalk from the side of the house and the walk that leads from the front steps.....the good thing was that i landed off the sidewalk and in to the snow just off the sidewalk....Now...how the heck was I going to get back up on my feet. In favoring the left knee, I couldn't do it, not even with a snow in hand. Just not enough snow to sink the shovel into without worrying about it sliding away at a crucial moment....Just as I was about to turn to try and back up on my butt to the front steps, I heard a voice call out. Turned to see the City Engineer start walking towards me (He was out reading water meters). With his help, finally got to my feet. Only thing "hurt" was my pride.....

Like I said above.....Winter 2020 is going to be a long one for me this year.....and it hasn't even got started, so to speak......

Now.....if anyone had been filming that, I'm sure it would make some people laugh....maybe even me, after the fact of course...!  ::) ??? ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 06:50:13 AM by sentsat71 »
Ed K.

TonyK

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 07:17:34 AM »
Well, if it makes you feel any better, my mother-in-law fell in her own house on New Years day and broke 6 ribs and a toe. No snow in sight.