Author Topic: I took a road trip today  (Read 3436 times)

Charlie.D

I took a road trip today
« on: May 02, 2020, 09:57:22 PM »
I went to Jacksonville Ar. To there hobby shop I needed some supplies plus get out of the house. Plus some time away from the family. It was nice trip for just for a few hours.
Charlie Daniel

Fordguy01

Re: I took a road trip today
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 11:08:44 PM »
Good for you Charlie.  I did the same thing today as I needed a break with everything going on.  Been feeling trapped with this virus crap plus I am a full time caretaker for my ailing wife.  She can't get out of the house anymore and go anywhere but I needed to get away.  Didn't go as far as you I only traveled about 17/18 miles to the hobby shop but the time was quiet and I could clear my mind.  Picked up some supplies and stopped at Model Cars and More and visited with them and came home.  The neighbor lady sat with the wife while I was gone but I felt guilty asking her as she broke her elbow last night so thinking about her elbow I cut my trip a little shorter then I wanted.  It all worked out for the best.

Al

TarheelRick

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 07:19:23 AM »
I have been making trips to my local home improvement store over the past few weeks picking up supplies for my new shed; I consider the shed an essential project.  I have been out of work since mid March and will probably not go back until August, that is, if our governor will pull his head out of his rectal orifice and quit drinking the kool-aid.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

john2

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 08:08:11 AM »
We live in a busy, busy world.  EVERYBODY needs time to themselves periodically.  Glad you enjoyed it, Charlie. 

Best wishes to you and your wife, Al.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4