Short Track Forums > Open Wheel cars-modifieds/sprints

My Attempt at the Salvino Modified

(1/6) > >>

Danh4:
New guy here with a few progress photos of my Salvino Modified kit.  I'm in the process of building the Frank Fleming #40 car and so far it is going OK.  I'm usually an aircraft modeler so a whole lot of what's required here is new territory for me.  I had trouble with the aftermarket seat belts and ended up using Tyvek paper for the belts themselves instead of the ribbon material supplied (I think I got the wrong size ribbon in mine!).  It s a lot of fun though!

-Dan

Volzfan59:
Looks very good to me, well done. From what I can see, your seatbelts look fine to me.

Gary Davis:
Man, Dan...that's really looking good! I've got a few of these kits and can't get to them yet. I have opened one up and gave it once over though. LOL Those cars and the ISMA super modifieds are my favorite race cars.

Danh4:

--- Quote from: Volzfan59 on May 03, 2023, 02:14:59 PM ---Looks very good to me, well done. From what I can see, your seatbelts look fine to me.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! The belts are a little on the thin side but they should look OK once the body panels are on.

Danh4:

--- Quote from: Gary Davis on May 03, 2023, 04:04:07 PM ---Man, Dan...that's really looking good! I've got a few of these kits and can't get to them yet. I have opened one up and gave it once over though. LOL Those cars and the ISMA super modifieds are my favorite race cars.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Gary.  You're sure to enjoy yours when you do get to them, it really is a nice kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version