Short Track Forums > Open Wheel cars-modifieds/sprints

Abandoned Salvino Modified

(1/4) > >>

john2:
 :)  Letting you know that I have dropped my modified at mid stream. 

After hearing the comments as to how difficult they are to build, I have known all along that mine would probably not work out.

At 83, as they say, " life is too short " to let it make me unhappy.  We have enough to deal with as it is.

So, I have a '34 5 window coupe I can make into a jalopy, and a '55 Chevy pickup I can build to pull it with a tow bar.  That will keep me busy, and give me a lot more enjoyment.

TarheelRick:
Sorry to hear that John. After looking at the intricacies of a 1:1 I sort of figured they would be a real bear to put together.  Although I love the looks of them, my thinking is like yours "why let something you are supposed to enjoy bog you down." Looking forward to what you do with the '34 Jalopy.

Volzfan59:
While "only" 63, I agree John why deal with something that you know is going to frustrate you. I've got a Salvino's modified too. It keeps getting bumped down on the build list although I haven't given up on the idea..............yet. Enjoy your jalopy racing team.

john2:
 :) :)  I have a chassis half done, without the engine,  plus a nice ole Blue paint job, with a pretty fair hand lettered Baldwin 7 and CURB Records on it.  My fantasy.   So I have decided to glue as many body panels on it as I can make fit, and then set  it up on blocks.

I'll show'em.   Ha ha ha.

Tom Birky:
Awesome! Sometimes you gotta tweek your plans a little.

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version