Author Topic: This group seems to be DEAD  (Read 2312 times)

hemiman_2010

This group seems to be DEAD
« on: June 22, 2023, 10:58:40 AM »
We have messages posted that are more than 2 years old most messages are months old,am I the only one checking this board?

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Re: This group seems to be DEAD
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 12:14:10 PM »
No. Maybe you should try using the 'view recent posts' feature. Or post something your working on.

Tom

TarheelRick

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 05:36:12 PM »
I check the site almost daily. Right now, I am trying to put together a truck to fit a show theme so I haven't been posting very much. Summertime seems to take its toll on most model building forums. Between yardwork, gardening, fishing, and maintaining the house my bench time is quite limited.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 06:30:24 PM »
   I have curtailed my post/responses due to forum etiquette, or should I say the lack there of......
No particular order of relevance.
1) Had a forum member who also sells aftermarket, who shall remain anonymous, blind side me on the forums saying that if I didn't like his products (resin, some 3-D) to go buy from some one else.  I still have no idea where he came up with this as I had purchased from him and used his products on a build that was for contest only.  I had went so far as posting a picture with his business card next to the build and its awards.  An apology of any sort has yet to come forth from this member and I seriously doubt it ever will at this point.

2) I finally had enough of posting a W.I.P with very few responses yet thousands of views here and views thru the roof on my Fotki acct.

3) Took time out from from other things to help a member find pictures and information on a particular car and its driver from the mid 60's   .....not even a simple thanks....sound familar O.P?

I've become disenfranchised with building dirt track cars for display or shows.  I have moved on to building commercial trucks and fire fighting apparatus 1949 and newer.  Saved this thread to my Fotki acct. just in case some ones feelings got hurt and it gets edited or deleted.           
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 06:33:24 PM »
 :)  Seems to be little going on anymore.   I am not so active right now, but I still check it every day. 

I am 83, so I am old and tired, and  my main focus is on watercolor painting, with a little time and energy left now and then for the Salvino's modified and 3 axle trailer to carry it.

Anne and I have forgotten how to post pictures, but if someone will tell us the steps, we will try to post what I have so far. 

I have 10 kits/scratch projects left besides the modified, that I now doubt I'll ever get to, but I still love models and short track racing. 

And, I do hope that this forum does not die out. 

:)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 06:56:25 PM by john2 »
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TonyK

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 08:06:20 AM »
I check everyday to see what's going on. I don't post pictures because I don't know how. Been working on various models that don't really fit the main stream here. I rarely look at WIP progress pics.

Summer demands more yardwork and longer dog walks so there's that.

Volzfan59

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 08:35:37 AM »
I check in on a daily basis, sometimes more than once. Like @TonyK, I don't post pics as I don't know how. Technologically deficient I guess. I keep a build going but during the spring, summer and fall I fall victim to my other passion......bass fishing.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Speedracer

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 08:46:25 AM »
I check it a couple times a day. I too don't post photos ca use I don't know how. My bench time is diminished due to growing grass! I mow yards for extra $$.

john2

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2023, 10:57:40 AM »
 :) :)  MAYBE SOMEONE WILL TEACH ALL OF US AS TO HOW TO POST PICTURES. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Charlie.D

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2023, 04:00:28 PM »
I've not posted in a while due to health issues with tremors in my hands plus other stuff 5
Charlie Daniel

Bob P.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2023, 04:10:13 PM »
Sad to say, but almost everyone has moved to Facebook.
Model building is very big on Facebook.

Bob

Volzfan59

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2023, 06:07:47 PM »
Sadly, you're correct. Speaking just for myself, I will never have zuckbook.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

supergluek5

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2023, 08:44:43 AM »
Me personally, all my modeling has been put on hold due to a house fire in January.  The house is finally being redone.  All models and modelling supplies are
boxed up and in storage. Been going into withdrawals and boredom not being able to build anything. if and when I get able to build I'll be posting again
supergluek5
Mike
There's only 3 sports--racing, racing, and more racing

RCR

• Ron Coon Resins
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2023, 02:38:32 PM »

Your loss. I enjoy this forum but you could see more builds, tips, tricks, and new items in an hour on Facebook than you would see on this forum or any other forum in a year.

Volzfan59

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2023, 04:57:55 PM »

Your loss. I enjoy this forum but you could see more builds, tips, tricks, and new items in an hour on Facebook than you would see on this forum or any other forum in a year.

Like I've said, I check in at least twice daily. As for "my loss" concerning not having farcebook. Friend, I've not "lost" a thing. I don't have to have farcebook, any other social media nor the Internet to enjoy this hobby or my other passion, bass fishing. If you want to have it, cool. Don't assume that those of us that don't are at at "loss". To each his own, but never ever think that I'm at a disadvantage.