Author Topic: It's Been Fun  (Read 1255 times)

john2

It's Been Fun
« on: November 29, 2023, 07:08:05 AM »
 :) But the time has come for me to let this go.

I was 84 a couple of weeks back.  But I am old and tired, and I still have things I need to do daily.

I have been with Fred and Tom since '07, I think.  Probably built 400 models in my lifetime,  I have enjoyed you guys, and learned a lot from you.  Met a few of you at probably 12 shows - Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Cookeville,  Dallas, and Memphis. When Charlie D. was working in this area, we would meet for supper at Cracker Barrel.  Always enjoyed it all. 

I have long since forgotten how to post photos.  I still have 7 kits I'll fool with along.  But I don't need to be tempted to buy any more, or to try anything new.  I'll stay out of the kit aisle at Hobby Lobby.

So, I wish all of you the very best. 

John Gorday. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TonyK

Re: It's Been Fun
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 08:07:17 AM »
First of all, good for you being 84. I like your attitude that you have things to do daily. That keeps you healthy and going at that age.

Second, I like that you have models that you'll "fool with". Another way to keep happy in life.

TarheelRick

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 09:51:22 AM »
John, it has a great pleasure watching your builds come together. A few years back you sent me a couple of your kits and I have them proudly on display.  Retirement hits all of us, I am 74 and have mostly quit public work, although I do occasionally drive one of the local high school sports teams to away games. Being with these kids keep me invigorated. Enjoy your golden years and keep in touch with us here, you don't have to be building to drop in and comment on something you like. Many blessings to you and Anne.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Volzfan59

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 09:54:15 AM »
John, Thanks for everything. Since I've returned to our hobby, you and I have communicated several times, though it's been awhile. Like TonyK, I'm glad that you've got a few kits and are staying busy. I hope that I'm still as articulate as you, and still modeling when I hit 84 in 20 years.

Steve
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Dirtman

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2023, 08:20:56 AM »
I'M 83 so I know how you feel! You will be missed!

Rett

Bob P.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 11:40:28 AM »
Sorry to see you go John, but I understand.
Check in from time to time, and let us know how your doing.

Bob

Grt222

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2023, 02:17:14 PM »
Yes john, do check in now and then to let us know how your doing. I've been around since the forum was Fred's also. Meet alot of good friends on here and Fred's.  Take care my friend.

john2

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 06:59:56 AM »
 :)  Thanks to all.  Maybe I will check in every now and then.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Volzfan59

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2023, 09:47:29 AM »
Please do John.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653