News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

my grand am modified wip

Started by pdaly28, May 30, 2017, 02:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john2

:  Yes, going to be a good one. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

pdaly28

these are grand am,now the lucas touring series.my self and the late jim peacock built 4 of these.we raced at irwindalespeedway,mesa marin,vegas,and elcajone

pdaly28

got a little farther along.the rear bumper and mounts are alumin
um tubing.it will allow me to slide the rear qtr nerfs into the bumper like my 1:1

john2

:)  Do you have a picture of a Grand Am Modified ?  I would like to see where we are going here.  Not familiar with those. 

pdaly28

John,this was my last car(2006 season)my son's father in law and I built and raced 4 of these over 15 years.kinda asphalt imca car

pdaly28

this was Jims car which we built.he recently passed away.Jim Peacock had many wins in CRA sprints and midgets,had 1 indy start too

john2

:)  Thanks.  Do those cars sit on a narrowed frame, or are they full width ?

pdaly28

They are stock clip cars,usually off set.My model won't be!

pdaly28

Thanks,Jim was 66 when he was driving this,usually finished right behind Chad(my car)he's missed by us

sentsat71

got my attention with this one....
not used to seeing this style of car running pavement.....but then, I'm dirt track country here in Iowa...

and a name I recognized from the past....CRA past that is.....Jim Peacock. Saw him at Ascot when I started going to races there in 1972 (a couple of weeks after moving there) 
Ed K.