Short Track Forums > Bench Racing-general Model Car discussion topics

Anyone working on anything?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Danh4:
I just started on a Tony Nancy dragster but that doesn't really fit here.  I did just finish a Monogram sprint car in Doug Wolfgang #40 colors.  Before that I built a Buzzie Reutimann coupe, Wes's Old Blue modified and a Bill Wimble coupe before that.  I have the race car modeling bug bad, I should be working on all the 1/72 planes I have in the stash!

TonyK:
Great looking race cars!

I've been trying to finish up many models that just needed decals. Freezing weather outside keeps me out of the garage/workbench so at the dining room table doing decals.

dirtmodwrench:
I committed to a group build for winged sprint cars. Need to get back into some kind of building routine and this seemed like the kick start I needed. Got my bench cleaned off and got started last weekend on the chassis. Going to build a replica of the car that won the 1979 Syracuse Supernationals race at the New York State Fairgrounds one mile track. It's a Lloyd chassis driven by PA icon Smokey Snellbaker. I was at the race and have wanted to build this car for a long time. Started with the lower frame from an old Monogram kit and scratch built the cage and front frame rails. This car ran a big block engine, so needed lower frame rails to accommodate the big engine! I jumped on here to find the build thread of Bob P's awesome rendition of the Boops Aluminum Lloyd car he built. I'll use his build for some inspiration haha.

Volzfan59:
Those are all some great looking builds! Even though I grew up in the south, I considered myself to be a huge Buzzie fan. I kept up with him via the old Cavalcade of Auto Racing paper and Stock Car Racing magazine. I got a subscription every year for my birthday. Didn't he live in Florida, but raced in the northeast? Always wanted to go to some modified races up there. I did attend several modified races in the U.P. of Michigan, Escanaba. They were something to see! Going to a big time sprint car race is also on my list of things to do.

Speaking for myself, I'd love to see your Tony Nancy build. I love top level, NHRA pro drag racing. We go to the Fall Nationals at the Texas Motorplex every year.

--- Quote from: Danh4 on January 19, 2024, 06:04:10 AM ---I just started on a Tony Nancy dragster but that doesn't really fit here. 
--- End quote ---

dirtmodwrench:
I will second that compliment regarding all of those builds! Like them all, and diggin' the "Flemke front end" on the Wimble coupe.

Buzzie still lives in Florida, and last I knew is still racing. Has a "B mod" that his son David built and is still very competitive. I was fortunate to see him race here in upstate NY at a few tracks in the late 70's/early 80's and watched him every year at Syracuse for the big year-end Schaefer race.

And that Nancy dragster would fit in the "Other, Non-Short Track" category on this site- just sayin! :) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version