Author Topic: More Different Stuff  (Read 3116 times)

Lefturns75

More Different Stuff
« on: March 09, 2020, 04:38:55 PM »
Rally cars are cool but I also like DTM racers.  Here is a Opel DTM that was driven by 1982 F1 Champ Keke Rosberg.  And for you younger set, Yes, that is F1 Champ Nico Rosberg's dear ol pappy.  I kinda wish I could drive one of these around everyday.  Opel Astra------just another name for its US little cousin, Chevy Cobalt. 

Lefturns75

Re: More Different Stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 04:54:33 PM »
Here is an old kit someone gave me----on a Thursday afternoon.  I opened the kit that night, got it ready and painted it on Friday, had it all done before lunch on Sunday.  I had some left over photo etch seat belt hardware so I made belts from a piece of that tissue paper you cover balsa airplane models with.  This is an old Monogram kit and I dont remember for sure but I think it only has about 27 pieces.  The decals were just too old so I left em off.  Too bad there never was a full detail kit of this subject.

Lefturns75

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 05:33:21 PM »
How bout a Lotus Europa.  I got to sit in a real one 20 or more years ago.  They are super tiny and it was sorta like trying to sit down in a sardine can.  I doubt many 6 ft. tall people own these cars because it was very uncomfortable for me to sit in let alone try to drive.  The kit is super nice though and looks cool.  I had fun building this one.  Color is Testors white with Leather for the interior.  Kit is Tamiya 1/24.

David, not sure why you have Viva Las Vegas going through your head, too many B movies maybe?  Guess its better than having visions of Frankie and Fabian when you close your eyes.

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 10:09:45 PM »
Like the cars. Where did you get those seat belts?

Rett

Lefturns75

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 11:12:54 PM »
Rett, the seatbelt hardware was some left over Detail Master or S&S Specialties brand from some years ago.  The belt material is the tissue that comes in the old balsa airplane kits sprayed with Testors Dulcote.  You can purchase the seatbelt sets on line through Detail Master or Model Car Garage.  There are other suppliers but these two came to mind.  Most sets come with the belt material so you wont have to make your own. 

Dirtman

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 07:34:13 AM »
Thank you! Will definitely look into them!

Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 09:30:53 AM »
Very cool builds....
Ed K.