Author Topic: Duct Tape Breakthrough!!  (Read 3612 times)

David Bogard

Duct Tape Breakthrough!!
« on: December 11, 2018, 11:34:35 AM »
As all of you know, finding something that actually looks and works like duct tape in our scale has always been one of those "black holes" for which there was no good answer. Well, Greg Holland has solved that one! Notice the windshield on my recent Jody Ridley Falcon build. That is actually scale duct tape!

Greg has perfected this and you can now get a small sheet from him that has the right silverish colored sticky vinyl pre-cut into 3mm and 4mm strips. You simply peel, stick and trim like you would real duct tape (because it IS tape!) It is super thin, just right, and I imagine he can have the sheets cut into different widths if you prefer.

So when you have a build that needs duct tape, you now have the answer! I want to thank Greg for working with me on this thing and for coming up with the perfect solution.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:07:57 PM by David Bogard »
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

vsrn

Re: Duct Tape Breakthrough!!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »
David -

Yep, I can make the duct tape in almost any width & length, and in other colors also...

Thanks,
Greg

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:03:40 PM »
Scale duct tape....what will they think of next?  Neat idea gentlemen. Eagerly awaiting photos. 

Tb

Olderndirt

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 01:40:42 PM »
Great breakthrough, I love it.

Olderndirt

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 09:16:52 AM »
NIIIIICCCCCCCCEEEEEEE!!!!! Now I can fix all my broken down race cars!! If only someone would make scale chicken wire!! I'd be set then!!
Seriously though guys, likin' the duct tape idea!! Has a lot of uses for sure...
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 02:31:09 PM »
This sounds GREAT. How does one order it? Hey Greg...you said that you can make it in different widths and colors...correct? I'm interested in 2 mm...3mm...4mm in silver, black, red and yellow.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 03:59:58 PM »
Thank you David...Got it saved.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."