Author Topic: Tow Truck -- add on  (Read 2786 times)

john2

Tow Truck -- add on
« on: February 12, 2019, 11:50:38 AM »
 :)  Since we are having so much trouble with these pictures --  I am taking the easy out.  You can see all of my latest other builds by clicking the reference on the first Tow Truck post, and I am going to explain each one below :

# 48   ' 30 Ford sedan  -  This is the first of 3 cars in my coming Freddy Fryar tribute.  He is my very favorite, all time, hands down, number one driver.  This is 1/16 and was originally a Red Farmer F-97 that I built about 12 years ago.  I took the body off, stripped it, and repainted and hand lettered.

It, as the others will be, are not intended to be exact replicas of his cars, but merely like artists' suggestions, considering all those he owned, built, and drove.  They are "  could have beens. "

#14  '55 Chevy Late Model -   The latest in a long line of  # 14s ( probably 20+ over the years )  all some combo of blue and white colors.  This is part of my latest garage diorama, not quite finished.    It is from an old AMT kit.

These last 3 are from my buyout of Rick McKenzie last summer.  All were either broken, partial builds, or more or less glue bombs.  I painted none of them, but used his colors as they were, but repaired or finished them as I saw fit.  I used a few decals and some hand lettering.

# 7 Sprint car  -  I repaired the front wheels, which now are not quite lined up correctly. I touched up the numbers,  and added decals.  I dislike winged sprints as they hide most of the cars. I like it pretty well.

# 90 -  Dodge  -  All I had of this was the body, and a complete interior, and since it would be all but impossible to find a chassis pan for it, I attempted to fashion one out of sheet plastic just for a platform for the wheels. You  can see that I did not get it lined up correctly.  Original paint and all decals on this one.  It is what it is.

#34 Mustang modified.  Just completed it with what I had.  All decals  with just a couple of them damaged, which I touched up with a brush.  Had to find my own wheels and tires as I recall.  Never saw these kinds of cars race.

These last 3 not perfect by any means, but hours of fun for me for just pennies.

I hope you guys like all of them.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:41:58 PM by john2 »
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

john2

Re: Tow Truck -- add on
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 06:04:39 AM »
 :)  Thanks to everyone for your comments on these models.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4