Author Topic: Slump Buster  (Read 2907 times)

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Slump Buster
« on: July 30, 2019, 03:19:17 PM »
This quick build 2 day slump buster was a fun build and a great way for me to get back to building again!!!  All done with only 3 colors of rattle can paint!!!  I used Tstors Italian Red, Plastcote semigloss black and Plasticote cast coat which resembles raw cast iron for the chassis!
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Dirtman

Re: Slump Buster
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 10:07:39 PM »
Nice! Quickies are fun!
Rett

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 11:50:31 PM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments!!!  Considering the fact that the Corvette is from an AMT kit that’s kind of a glue kit simplified like the the old Craftsman series from our youth.  Very few parts and there wasn’t much cleanup due to crisp nearly flashless moulding!  Funny thing is that I bought this kit for a kid who was 14 years old and thought he wanted to learn to build model cars but he really wasn’t.  The kit sat in my stash for the last six years until I really needed an easy build to get myself out of a major slump!  I finished this in two days completely box stock and ran into the kid, now 20 years old!  I told him about the model so he stopped over to see it and he loved it so much that I sent it home with him with a huge grin on his face!!!

The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 08:32:53 AM »
Nice one!!
Ed K.

Bob P.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 04:53:03 PM »
Nice build Greg and very nice of you to give it to the kid.

Bob

BobD

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 09:20:48 PM »
Sharp-looker Greg!  Can't wait to see you get started on the McDonough Chevelle!