Author Topic: Drop OctoberFest Kits Here  (Read 6862 times)

Marty W

Re: Drop OctoberFest Kits Here
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 07:26:49 PM »
I am switching gears a bit. Still building the bug, but I bought a used kit, since the bug I had laying around was just too junky and sort of a glue bomb. I like the stock body better to start with anyway. So same build, better kit parts.

bandit2026

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2019, 03:44:39 PM »
Added some pics of my 36, probably the wrong place. But you know that at least I'm in the game. I taped the body together and soaked in hot water and left it to cool overnight, its still not perfect but it  Will have to do. Changed plans and went with the kit engine instead of the y-block as planned. Now thinking of going 2 colors instead of one solid color after its just a shelfy! 

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 05:13:16 PM »
Getting a very late start due to vacation but I've got this!!!  Revell 57 Chevy Snap Tite has been on the shelf for several years...its go time!!! 8)

The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 09:47:42 PM »
Thanks, David!  This is going to be a tribute to my wife who picked this kit out just before she got sick the last time thinking she wanted to build a model car with me!!!  Darn, I miss her...
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Michael F

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 12:36:37 PM »
Uups, i´m a little late for the Oktoberfest build, but somebody says ´ít´s never to late´ :)

I think i have to participate for two reasons: First, as far as i know, i am the only German here on ths cool forum,
which german doesn´t go to the Oktoberfest ? (Honestly, me. I was never in Munich on the `Wiesn`)
and second, October the 6th is my birthday, so i can give myself a cool birthdaygift, a stockcar i wants to build for a long time,
i hope i can fix it in a week... ;D ;D

So, i´m in!! Ich bin dabei !!

This is my kit to build, Tiny drove a Mercury in the sixties, light blue with neon red numbers,
i think it was a W-nose Merc., but the Cyclone Spoiler II will work for me as a cool shelfbuild :

Greetings from Germany!

Lefturns75

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 03:58:43 PM »
Ich werde beobachten!

Lefturns75

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »
You are spot on David!!  That is one of my all time favorite kits and I have several in different issues and some gloo-bomb built examples.  Your kit is a re-pop of the original issue-----all save a few small differences-- and it is a joy!  I cant wait to see what you come up with, you gonna love it!   This was one of my favorite reissues:

RandB11

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2019, 09:28:03 PM »
Love those 34 pickups! I've got one too. Well , I popped in Ollie's today and got this. Gonna hack,cut,slice and dice it and combine it with a nascar chassis. Hope to make some sort of weird dirt street stock. Wish me luck! LOL!
Thanks
Rick :)

TarheelRick

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2019, 07:08:46 AM »
I've been kind of slack these past few days, the mojo got weak.  However, today is going to be record setting hot - mid to high  90's with a heat index in triple digits - so that puts a halt to anything outside.  Guess I will spend some time at the bench trying to get the Hyundai chromed.  It is a really nice looking kit, but the panel lines are very faint and the plastic is a bit harder than most, making it difficult to deepen the lines without jumping out and scratching the body.  Just polishing the body I lost parts of the two body panel lines around the rear corners.  I will get it together and put it on the 10 foot shelf.  I have another one, which will be carefully taped with Dymo tape and the lines scribed before doing anything else to it.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2019, 08:20:54 AM »
David....
In recent years I picked up 7 of these kits, 6 are under the Lindberg issues. Don't remember where I found the late 60's (?) release that I assume was the first of the releases that featured the stake bed option. Had that initial release and built it straight out of the box, literally, still before I started painting my builds. One of the reasons for buying that version was not only the stake bed version,m but more for the dual tire setup on the rear. When I saw a newer(?) release in the early '70's, bought it. was disappointed that the stake bed and tire setup was not in that issue. took my original build, took it apart far enough to salvage the stake bed, wheels & tires,-and built a painted version....unfortunately that build was one of several that survived until the move from FL to NM in 2005 when several more builds from the '70's met their fate....

Have yet to talk myself into buying the latest release of this kit, until I know if this release has stake bed and dual rear tire setup.....

Have to get around to taking a pic of the above mentioned version...
Ed K.

Lefturns75

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 09:20:03 AM »
Sent, the current reissue of the 34 Pickup does not include the stake bed, It is a very close reissue of the original pickup kit.  If I recall correctly, there were  only two stake bed issues from AMT--#T234 and T314.  Later Issues of the stake bed are included in the Lindberg labeled kits.  I am guessing but if the current 34 kit sells well we will see a second release possibly with the stake option, AMT--or Round2 has the tooling. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 10:42:29 AM by Lefturns75 »

sentsat71

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2019, 11:15:02 AM »
Leftturns75:

The kit I have is T234......

Of the Lindberg versions, only one does not have the stake bed option....

If and when R2/AMT brings out the version, with the stake bed and rear duals....then I might get interested....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 11:16:49 AM by sentsat71 »
Ed K.

john2

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2019, 04:51:47 PM »
Doggone you David.  I am trying not to buy any more kits.  I was in HL this morning and there was one of these little trucks  staring at me from the shelf.

Luckily for me, it did not have a price sticker on it, they did not know how much it was to sell for, and with a 40% coupon, I got it for a song.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

dirtmodwrench

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2019, 09:36:08 AM »
You guys are a bad influence on me.  The subliminal messages you are broadcasting are working! haha Left work last night, hopped in the truck and for some unknown reason proceeded to drive about 30 minutes in the opposite direction from home.  Found myself in the Hobby Lobby parking lot.  Someone is going to be disappointed, as they had hidden the last '34 Pickup kit on a top shelf behind some other kits.  But I found it and have the kit sitting on the credenza in my office here at work so I can take a look at the contents when I eat my lunch later today.

Olderndirt

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »
I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one out here that can’t seem to pass up a ‘34 Ford pickup kit. I have used that stake bed on a bunch of other trucks, and used the tow crane frame for the hitch on several flatbed trailers, and one scratch built teardrop trailer.
 In my neck of the woods, the serious hotroders got all the old coupes, and roadsters, pretty early. So, the next best thing was an open wheeled pickup, with a shortened bed, and the body channeled over the frame. My best buddy in high school had a ‘32 done that way with continental kit fenders in front, and a ‘48 Mercury flathead with aluminum heads, and three deuces. I guarantee it could scare the snot out of you real easy, it handled like a grocery car going down an escalator.

Olderndirt