Author Topic: '34 Ford Service Truck  (Read 6738 times)

David Bogard

'34 Ford Service Truck
« on: October 17, 2019, 12:18:52 PM »

A delightful little kit that was fun and easy to work with!! I will definitely be building several more of these in the future as there are so many variations that can be built from the box contents. I can see an old and weathered version of the above; then a Hot Rod; then a bone stock pickup; then. . . who knows what else! A special thanks to Greg Holland for my door decals!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Michael F

Re: '34 Ford Service Truck
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 01:53:53 PM »
What a nice little truck! Looks almost like the Walton´s truck. I know, it was a ´29 Ford, but this type of pickup reminds me on John´s truck :D :D

I like your hot rod idea of this truck, a chopped roof would not be a big problem, because of the strait cab pillars.

Nice decals and towing equipment.

Greetings from Germany!

Dirtman

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 07:50:12 PM »
Slick little sucker! Way to go David!

Rett

john2

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 05:12:19 AM »
Super slick, David.  Very nice.

Mine will be a baby blue street rod with chrome spokes.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TarheelRick

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 07:43:56 AM »
David you are a building machine.  That is a sweet little truck.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 08:43:34 AM »
That is a very COOL looking service truck!!

Don't remember who had it, or if it still available, but there was an extended cab in resin for this kit....(Jimmy Flintstone?)

One of these would also look good pulling one of the Revell Kurtis Midgets....?
Ed K.

Bob P.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 08:54:55 AM »
Excellent little truck,it looks great.

You better close that tool box or you'll have tools all over the road.  :)

Bob

john2

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 04:34:29 PM »
David, I have the Revell '32 sedan which has chrome spokes.  Not sure I can mix AMT/Revell on  that, but if they don't fit,  I like the kit reversed wheels for it.  And I have boo coo Keystones which might work.

I am hoping we do the January community truck thing, and if so, Anne and I both will do it.  We are going to HL tomorrow to get her a kit.  She wants to do the service truck.

Marty W

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 05:28:10 PM »
Beautiful, clean build as usual, David. Classic!

TarheelRick

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2019, 07:39:24 AM »
JOHN2, hope I catch you before you go to HL.  I went by one yesterday and they had the AMT and the Lindberg version of this kit.  For some insane reason I picked up the Lindberg version (not remembering I already had one).  The Lindberg version has the stake bed without duals.  You have a choice of stock wires or some funky two-spoked curved knife blade type of wheel.  They do have some nice stock Armstrong tires, custom Goodyear tires, however the "drag slicks" are from one of the NASCAR kits - not really realistic for a drag truck.  The Lindberg version does have the service truck parts.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 05:50:15 PM »
  Fantastic build :), although I don't know about that hand crank....I think I'll wait til the P.T.O or electric winch version comes around :P  ohh and also...are you an AAA service provider?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 05:51:48 PM by Brian Conn »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 07:27:49 PM »
Thanks Rick.  The HL at Vicksburg Ms did not have the AMT kit, nor did I see an empty space marked for one.  They did have the Lindberg kit, which we chose not to buy.

We do have HLs at Flowood Ms and Madison Ms so will check them soon.   We want to do the common kit.

Lefturns75

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2019, 11:51:19 PM »
The Lindberg branded 34 kit IS the AMT kit.  Granted they did change up the custom wheels and tires in the Lindberg version but that kit comes from the original AMT tooling.  The latest offering has the original pieces restored or retooled and if you look, you will see those same old ugly custom wheels that was in the Lindberg offering on the chrome tree.  Dont let the brand on the box be a factor, they are both common as pinto beans and cornbread and are the same kit. 

For you guys pining away for the duals to come back for the stake bed version, why wait?  Make your own very easily.  In the following photos I have two tires from the stake version, a two piece stock wheel and a wheel back I dug out of my parts bin.  Simply file or sand off the lip on the junk wheel back, mount it between your tires and then mount your wheels.  You can use any wheel suits you, I used the stock items for an example.   Simple and easy and pretty much the way the original was done. 

john2

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2019, 04:48:21 AM »
Thanks for the info David and LT.  We will work out something.

TarheelRick

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 11:54:47 AM »
I believe they are basically the same kit, from the same molds.  There have been some variations over the years so depending on which manufacturer is offering it will determine what is in the kit.  I would REALLY like to find one of the stakeside kits with the duallys.