Author Topic: 1960 Rex White championship car, truck, and trailer  (Read 8077 times)

spotter23

Re: 1960 Rex White championship car, truck, and trailer
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 09:19:51 PM »
This is so cool...…...I've had that photo on my phone for a year, got the truck and the decals, still waiting to find a 60 Chevy, maybe this weekend at a local model show. Thanks for sharing
MG
"Looking Cheap Ain't Cool & Looking Cool Ain't Cheap

MarkJ

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2019, 05:15:46 PM »
This is so cool...…...I've had that photo on my phone for a year, got the truck and the decals, still waiting to find a 60 Chevy, maybe this weekend at a local model show. Thanks for sharing
MG

Thanks, Mark. Your Ridley truck/ trailer/ race car, also gave me a lot of inspiration. Looking forward to your Rex White build. I heard that someone had done this build back in the day and I looked for pictures of it but had no luck. Maybe you can find some. I  had just the one ref picture of it so I did a lot of guessing on mine so its probably not very accurate. But it was a fun build anyway.

pdaly28

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 03:18:41 PM »
Beautiful combo....just amazing!

ARCA Guy

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 07:54:00 AM »
Mark, that is some fine work! Love the old truck!

ModelCarMan AKA Ricky

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 09:29:25 AM »
Love the whole rig, but the truck I love the most!

Hondo

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2020, 03:45:45 PM »
I can't believe I didn't reply to this one, Mark.

Just WOW !!
It is amazing. The hauler itself is perfect.
You da MAN for vintage NASCAR builds.

421sd

• Fred's crossover, Ocala, Fl.
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2020, 12:40:41 PM »
Incredible rig, may I ask, is the trailer a diecast? this is the first real looking trailer coupler I have ever seen on a model trailer. Did you buy it aftermarket (the coupler) or scratch build it?
Born in Nashville, Tn. grew up attending races at Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway.

MarkJ

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2020, 01:10:38 PM »
Incredible rig, may I ask, is the trailer a diecast? this is the first real looking trailer coupler I have ever seen on a model trailer. Did you buy it aftermarket (the coupler) or scratch build it?

Thanks 421, the trailer is completley scratch built except for the wheels and tires. Its all  styrene. I used various evergreen plastic tubes, rods, strips and sheets. Ive got a wip around here somewhere, if it still exists, I'll post it here.

MarkJ

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2020, 05:14:26 PM »

Thanks 421, the trailer is completley scratch built except for the wheels and tires. Its all  styrene. I used various evergreen plastic tubes, rods, strips and sheets. Ive got a wip around here somewhere, if it still exists, I'll post it here.

I found out that I put the wip at scale auto magazine forum,  thinking that they would never go away, but they did ,so no more wip. It showed how I made the trailer and hitch. the hitch actually connects to the ball on the truck. Here are some wip photos without the text of my thoughts during the build.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2020, 04:48:18 PM »
Mark...thanks for the wip pics. They really show how talented you are. Great fab work my friend...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

MarkJ

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2020, 08:37:51 AM »
Mark...thanks for the wip pics. They really show how talented you are. Great fab work my friend...

Thank you , Gary. You gave me a lot of inspiration with your sprint car team build, with camper, trailer, and race car.

Volzfan59

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2023, 10:24:25 AM »
Not sure how I'm just seeing this. That's one heck of a job. One of my favorite race cars from the past.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653